Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

yes

2 Comments
0 Likes
Highlighted
Level 2

Where can I see more info about my deleted files?

I received an email that 1000 files had been deleted and when I went to the Dropbox Deleted files folder it says this file and 34 others but I cannot see the 34 others unless I restore them.  i am not sure I want to restore them.  How do I see all the deleted files?

1 Accepted best answer

Accepted Solutions
Super User II

Re: deleted files

Have a look at www.dropbox.com/events and see if you can click on any of the notifications. 

Also, note that Dropbox does sometimes see mass moves/renames of files as a deletion.

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

2 Replies
Super User II

Have a look at www.dropbox.com/events and see if you can click on any of the notifications. 

Also, note that Dropbox does sometimes see mass moves/renames of files as a deletion.

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Level 2

Thanks. I did at least find them in events but it makes no sense.  They were mostly music which I have deleted some but only moved some of the others as you predicted.  Do I have to ask to restore all of them instead of going through all 1000?

Missing files and folders

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help you find an answer!
You won’t have to wait too long for a reply, but why not learn more about the Community while you’re here.

Not the right discussion for you? Find out what else our Community has to say about Missing files and folders.

Or, search our Help Center for even more.

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post