Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

Where did my email boxes go?

Level 2

I just recently sent some email attachments to someone via Dropbox and now my email folders that they were in have disappeared!  Any ideas as to where they are and how I can get them back?  VERY frustrated!!!!

5 Replies

Re: Where did my email boxes go?

Dropboxer
Hey there @Lindygirl,

Could it be that you're missing a file or a folder? If so, as a first step, could you please check your events page for additional information on changes that occurred to content in your account, as well as your deleted files tab? If this was a shared folder, could you also also navigate to your Sharing tab?

If I’ve misunderstood your concern, please don’t hesitate to get back to me with any additional information and relevant steps that you took that resulted in this behavior. 

In any case, let me know of any updates. Thanks in advance!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 2

The problem is that on my MAC pc, the email folders that held the original emails with attachments disappeared and I cant find them anywhere.  I just sent the attachments via dropbox and not the original emails but they are nowhere to be found on my computer now.

Dropboxer
Thanks for writing back, @Lindygirl

Could you please clarify if these were folders stored in your email service provider or were they in your Dropbox account?

Could you also let me know how you sent the folders to another user? Was it through a shared link or a shared file/folder, or as an attachment to your email?

Finally, could you please send me a screenshot (without any personal info) illustrating what you’re seeing so as to have a better understanding of your concern?

Thanks again!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 2

I have checked my shared folders as well as my events and deleted items.  I have now deleted all of my iems as I have found this whole Dropbox thing very frustrating!  I did not share any folders, I just shared the attachments held in them and now those folders have disappeared.  

Super User II

@Lindygirl 

I'm afraid something else is at play here - Dropbox simply cannot do that. It doesnt have the ability to move or delete anything outside of the Dropbox folder never mind within in email account. 

One question though - do you happen to have your email folders stored in Dropbox (which is very much not recommended?!). I am wondering if they've somehow got corrupt

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Missing files and folders

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Where did my email boxes go?
5 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post