cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

disappearing folders (contents still present)

Level 3

My Dropbox has a file directory system.  When I am on one of my authorized computers, the folders show up, no problem.  When I am on my Android phone, the files are there, but no folders.  It only shows a list of recent files, which is sometimes helpful, but I would be able to find things much faster with my folders.  How do I get them to display?

8 Replies

Re: disappearing folders (contents still present)

Super User II

You're on the Home screen of the Dropbox app, which shows Recent, Starred and Offline files. Tap the Files tab/button at the bottom of the screen to view the full contents of your Dropbox.

Level 3

I don't have a files/tabs button.

Super User

How long have you had it installed? Is it possible that Dropbox hasn't finished syncing on your phone?

Super User II

@rebecca d b. wrote:

I don't have a files/tabs button.

I don't have an Android so maybe the interface is a bit different from the iPhone app. Somewhere in the app you should be able to get to the Files view which shows everything in your account, and not just the Recent items. Can you take a screenshot of what you see, being careful to omit any personal information?

Level 3

Several Years.

Dropboxer
Hey there @rebecca d b.!

At first, it does sounds like you’re looking at the Home tab on your mobile app. 

You should be able to navigate to your Files tab by tapping on the three horizontal lines that are on the top right corner of your screen. 

If you’re not seeing this option, as @Rich mentions, could you send us a screenshot of what you’re seeing when you access your mobile app (without any personal information included)?

Thanks in advance!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 3
I have the 3 lines, however both "home" and "files" show similar results. From the home screen I have a choice of recent or starred. The files screen has a different order (I think it's sorted by original added date, but I'm not positive). Neither shows the folders. I can still see them on my home computer, but when I'm out and about using my phone is really when I don't need to spend extra time looking for files.

Dropboxer
Thanks for the detailed reply, @rebecca d b.

Could you please send us a screenshot (without any personal info) of what you’re seeing so as to have a better visual of your concern? You can do so from one of the following options:Attach image.png

Thanks again!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Missing files and folders

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

disappearing folders (contents still present)
8 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post