cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

share a link option missing

share a link option missing

Carole M.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I usually chose share a link option but it appears to have gone missing.

I've also gone to help and following instructions it say to right click the file and hover over More to then chose copy dropbox link.... however the right click option does not come up with the option More... any ideas please folks?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
Make sure Dropbox is running (visible in the system tray or menu bar). If it's not, the integration features such as the right-click options and icon overlays will not be available.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

The process to create a share link changed several weeks ago. Make sure you're referring to the updated help article. If you're doing this on your computer, just right-click the file and select Copy Dropbox Link.

Doug C.21
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I'm not sure whether this will help you or not, but I recently discovered that my right-click contextual menu disappeared when I paused syncing my files, then reappeared when I resumed syncing.

Carole M.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Thanks Rich R & Doug C for your help :o)

svandivere
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Your instructions once worked, but "Copy Dropbox Link" no longer appears when I right-click the file. I'm using version 25.4.28. I sure would be happy if I didn't have to log on to Dropbox on-line to create and copy a link (which I have not yet verified actually works).

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
Make sure Dropbox is running (visible in the system tray or menu bar). If it's not, the integration features such as the right-click options and icon overlays will not be available.

svandivere
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

That was the problem. I suspect I disabled Dropbox using either Task Manager or maybe System Mechanic. Having had a long career in various aspects of programming, I should have known better. Thanks much.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

svandivere New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
    Carole M.1 New member | Level 1
    Doug C.21 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?