Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

Dropbox doesn't load after Windows 10 1803 update

Level 2

Hi,

I know this has been asked before but I'll ask anyway. I've just installed the latest Windows 10 update and tried to access my Dropbox folder. When I tried, it said it was unavailable. I don't seem to be able to synchronise Dropbox for my phone with my computer and the Dropbox icon has disappeared from the bottom of my computer screen.

Tags (1)
7 Replies

Re: Dropbox doesn't load after Windows 10 1803 update

Dropboxer

Hey there @TheHoneyBadger - sorry to hear about this.

Based on your description, it seems like you aren't running the desktop app at the moment. Can you (re)launch it and let me know if you're still noticing the same issue?

If you do, please forward me a screenshot along with the app's exact status so I can investigate further. 

More information

You can always look at the Dropbox icon in your taskbar (Windows) or menu bar (Mac) and see if it is done syncing. When Dropbox is fully synced then you should see a tick followed by the words “Up to date” on the menu.

If you do not see this then can you please let me know what the message being displayed reads?

Thank you!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 2

Hi Walter.

Please excuse me as I'm a bit of a technophobe. I've checked my apps and Dropbox is installed twice- once as Dropbox and also as Dropbox 25G, yet the icon still doesn't appear at the bottom of my screen. I'm guessing I do have one of these folders as not all of my Dropbox stuff has disappeared, my camera shots certainly have! The question is by relaunching, do you mean uninstalling and then reinstalling and if so, which of these files. Thanks.

Dropboxer

Thanks for the swift response @TheHoneyBadger - much appreciated.

Based on your description I'd say that your computer came with our app pre-installed and that's why you're seeing two separate entries for Dropbox when you look at your apps. 

Can you launch the first one from your applications menu, re-launch Dropbox, and then sign in again (if necessary)?

If you're still having issues with this, please let me know and I'll reach out to your Dropbox associated email address so we can work on this together. 

Walter

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Level 2

Hello again, Walter.

I have managed to retrieve my files. It was as simple as pressing the Files icon in the top LH corner of my Folders page and then clicking Frequent Places. Everything magically came back including some Windows files that went missing.

As things stand at the moment, my big concern is the Dropbox icon missing from the bottom of my home page. My fear is that if I don't get that back I'll miss updates. I'm also still confused about relaunching. Dropbox on my apps page only has the option to uninstall while the Google 25G app can uninstall and modify. Hopefully, you'll have a magic way of finding my Dropbox icon and that'll be it.  slightly smiling face Thanks again.

Dropboxer

Glad to hear you managed to get your files back @TheHoneyBadger

As you're having issues with launching our desktop app, could you try re-installing it and see if this does the trick (in regards to the missing icon from your system tray that is)? 

You can find more info about this here:

https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/desktop/download-dropbox

Keep me posted on your progress!

Walter

Level 2

The uninstall and reinstall worked a treat and my missing Dropbox icon has returned. Appreciate your help, Walter.  slightly smiling face

Dropboxer

Glad I could help @TheHoneyBadger winking face

Have a wonderful day/evening ahead! 

Walter

Missing files and folders

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Dropbox doesn't load after Windows 10 1803 update
7 Replies
1 Like
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post