Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

I don't see an option to open my file on Excel, only for Excel Online

Level 3

When I try to select an Excel file via the Open tab, Excel Online is the only option currently while I used to have an option for Excel and Excel Online which is what I have for the same file on my iMac. There must be a setting somewhere that I inadvertly selected at some point, like always use Excel Online?

TIA

Hunter2

3 Replies

Re: Excel

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hi there, could you check this article to see if any of the issues apply in your case?

Let me know what you find out!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 3

Thank you but I had checked this previously and I have a different issue. I can see the Open tab iam limited with the options within the tab. I can now only see Excel Online. I should be able to see Excel AND excel Online.

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
The steps listed there are for opening with Excel, especially since it involves opening a file on your computer. They have nothing to do with the Excel Online option, since that should always be an option.

Is the Dropbox desktop application running and connected in the menu bar or system tray? Is the Excel file synced to your machine? Is the folder selectively ‘unsynced’ from your machine? Are you signed into the same account? Have you opening the necessary ports, or perhaps recently installed a new antivirus or security program on your machine?

Any info you can provide would be great!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Missing files and folders

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

I don't see an option to open my file on Excel, only for Excel Online
3 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post