cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I get an error when trying to load some files. Any ideas why and what to do?

I get an error when trying to load some files. Any ideas why and what to do?

AlexMoro
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi,  since few weeks I'm getting an error on some files in my Dropbox.

I use Dropbox tipically from 2 different Laptops.

Typically I use Dropbox from 2 different laptops. Now it happens that some files that up to the day before I can open regularly, suddenly at the time of opening give me an error (Error loading), which I am attaching a screenshot.

In addition, on all files with which I get this error I find the file name changed with all lowercase letters, while up to before the error I had specifically created them with both uppercase and lowercase.

Now I'm really afraid of losing all my files and not being able to access them anymore.

Please tell me if exist a Fix or a workaround to avoid that error.

Dropbox_error1_Excel.pngDropbox_error1_PDF.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

For the second one the issue is that the folder structure has #'s in the structure. 

The first one I reckon is too long a folder name - try renaming it to something smaller. 

www.dropbox.com/bad_files_check

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

AlexMoro
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

This error is expanding like an epidemic on my Dropbox. As I have already reported, I found the same problem on some Excel files.
I have to remove all the files I use for work from Dropbox until the problem is resolved. I can not afford to lose them.
And it is also certain that if this problem continues I will have to interrupt my subscription with Dropbnox.

If I can help, I would investigate the compatibility between Dropbox and the latest build of Windows 10(1809), because I think it is presented just after the arrival of the new Build of the OS.

Heli_Guy
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

Sounds like you need Dropbox professional support: https://www.dropbox.com/support

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

For the second one the issue is that the folder structure has #'s in the structure. 

The first one I reckon is too long a folder name - try renaming it to something smaller. 

www.dropbox.com/bad_files_check

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey there (@AlexMoro), I can see that you’ve been discussing this here, therefore I’ve moved all your comments under one thread in order to keep things neat (note: you could refer back to the second conversation here)

Have you had a chance to check & Mark’s tips incidentally? You may have a look at their pointers at your convenience & ping us back here on the outcome, in order to follow-up with you a bit more closely if needed. Thanks & happy Monday Alex! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

AlexMoro
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi to all.

I'm applying Mark 'solution. It's early to give you a feedback but it make sense.

Unfortunately this solution can't fix all old files that get the error.

Hope the solution avoid further errors.

Thanks!

CGreenDNE
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I had an issue with Jpeg files being corrupted last summer. I ended up creating a new Dropbox folder and putting my jpeg files in there and having no further problems. I went around in circles with Dropbox Support, who wanted to blame everything on jpeg files created on a Mac computer. Try creating a new folder in yoru Dropbox and putting the files there. I would always keep a back up copy.

jen15215
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Will not download some  EPUB files

says There was an error loading the file

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

jen15215 New member | Level 2
    CGreenDNE Explorer | Level 3
    AlexMoro Explorer | Level 4
    Jane Dropbox Staff