cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

I have an issue when uploading scanned documents. Any insights?

I have an issue when uploading scanned documents. Any insights?

Jared5
New member | Level 2

I work for a company that uploads between 50-100 documents a day. The preferred method is scanning due to the increased image quality. There are between 1-5 people every day that would be uploading the documents at any given time. Just recently I realized that once the "save" button has been hit after a scan is made it takes a significant amount of time for it to be uploaded onto the Dropbox folder. There have also been many times where the documents never fully get uploaded. One severe example that happened was about 4-5 documents were uploaded and then nearly 24 hours later we saw none of them had finished uploading and were still working to finish. Many times this will happen but the upload will simply stop after a point causing the documents to not be saved onto our folder. We have over 2 TB left on the account so there should not be any problems with the amount of storage we have left affecting this. 

Does anybody know why this has been happening and/or have any solutions to stop it? 

4 Replies 4

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Hey there (@Jared5), let me send you some pointers that could be of assistance & Iā€™m here to follow-up on the results you get. 

In order to make sure weā€™re focusing on the right thing, letā€™s take it step-by-step: 

#1. For starters, can you clarify if youā€™re uploading the scanned docs in question using our Website :spider_web:ļø/your desktop :desktop: or your phone :iphone:? Are you utilizing our Document scanning feature by any chance? 
#2. From there, if youā€™re working on the Dropbox folder on your desktop, Iā€™d suggest ensuring that youā€™re running the latest Stable version of the application on your desktop (68.4.102), youā€™ve made all OS updates & itā€™s syncing correctly on your menu bar/ system tray? Moreover, can you please confirm youā€™re not using Symlinks nor referenced files, as this may cause syncing issues? 
#3. Additionally, have you monitored this behavior? Does that happen across devices or from one specific device? Kindly bear in mind that you (& your colleagues) can check if everything is updating on our website as expected by running this quick test below:

Spoiler
  1. When you/your colleagues save a file on the Dropbox folder locally/ on your phone &c, does it get a green check mark on it after syncing  Arrows Counter ClockWhite check mark  (i.e. if you're working on your pc/Mac)? If yes, if you then log into the website, is the file viewable on your Homepage computer :play_button: :spider_web:ļø)?
  2. If you see the newly added file on our website, please check whether itā€™s updated  šŸ‘„ within the shared folder/link on the recipientā€™s as well. 
Please do let me know how you get on with these steps & weā€™ll take it from there. Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Jared5
New member | Level 2

The scanned documents are almost exclusively from the Dropbox app using the "Scan Document" feature. This is where the problem is occurring. The scans are not completely finishing their upload process and when they do they take around 2-3 minutes if you constantly keep the upload screen open watching it. As I stated before, there have been cases where the upload time is much longer as well as times where it does not even finish. 

I am not sure whether this problem could be related to something on the desktop app, but I would imagine it does not since there is nothing to do with the desktop app at this point in the process. 

As for collecting data on this, we almost exclusively use the iPhone app to upload the documents through the scan documents feature so there would not be any other data set to compare it to at this point. 

Jane
Dropbox Staff
I appreciate your cooperation & thanks for taking a bit of your time to let me know of how this discrepancy appears on your end (@Jared5)- that has helped me paint a clearer picture! Iā€™d like to dig a bit deeper & have a closer look on your setup & filestructure through our Official Support channel. So as to investigate having all our tools available, Iā€™ve made sure to reach out to you directly via email gathering all the details youā€™ve included on this discussion. 

Whenever you find some time, please check your inbox for my message & Iā€™ll make sure to promptly get back in touch with you asap. Iā€™ll be awaiting your next reply!

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey there @Jared5 - were you able to resolve your concerns in the end? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    Jane Dropbox Staff
    Jared5 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?