Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

My files have gone missing from my external drive

Level 2

My Dropbox folder was too large to fit on my computer (large number of photos).  I put it on an external drive.  When that drive failed a Dropbox message told me that I could move parts of my folder to the computer.  I moved the files I needed immediately and left the photos and some other files behind.  Now I want to see my entire folder and copy it to a new drive.  My problem is I can't find it.  I've tried to acces it from the Dropbox web page but all I get are the files that are on my computer.  Thanks for any help you can give.

1 Reply

Re: missing files

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hi there, the Dropbox folder would officially be detected as the one on the computer if the desktop app moved it there.

Therefore, on your external drive, you should be able to find the remainder of the files that weren’t moved across. You’ll just need to navigate there manually to see them.

Hope this helps!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Missing files and folders

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

My files have gone missing from my external drive
1 Reply
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post