Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

Zero response from customer service

Level 3
Have chatted 3 times and email 4 times. Zero response.

2 files I uploaded are missing on dropbox.
2 files I uploaded same day are corrupt.

Can not download files as they now say codec not available. Mind you customer service says they can download all 4 files just fine (Haley their 1 support)

So how do I get Dropbox to provide me the files they can see just fine. I ha e screen shots of the missing files and corrupted files that will play .

No customer service
No number to call
Was PROMISED RAPID response from tier 2 tech support. Didnt happen.

Considering posting publically the rude chats and corrupt files.

Any solutions?????.
4 Replies

Re: Zero response from customer service

Dropboxer
Hi there @Ucgsb1, sorry to hear about this.

At first, please note that Dropbox offers tech support over the phone for Dropbox Business teams on an Advanced or Enterprise p.... If you're the admin of an Advanced or Enterprise team, you can reach Dropbox phone support by using the information found in the admin console

You can also find the relevant support options and expected response times for your plan in this article and, if you’re not sure which subscription you’re currently on, you can check out your Plan tab for more info. 

As per your concern, I understand that you have missing and corrupted files in your Dropbox account. As this requires account-specific info and this is a public platform, troubleshooting would have to continue via email for security and privacy purposes. 

Since you mention that your issue has been forwarded to a specialized member of the team, they’ll be able to efficiently assist you using the internal tools available to them. 

In the meantime, I’ve passed your comments along to them and as soon as there’s an update on this, they’ll get back to you with more info. 

Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 3
I'm sorry I called the 800 number all solutions even enterprise admin leads to a automated "contact your rep" and auto hang up.

What exactly is "efficient" about 4 chat contacts and no solutions.

I was promised RAPID response.....but am still waiting. Does that sound EFFICIENT????
WHAT exactly do you mean by patience.....zero customer service....zero answers.....a Dropbox Community Neutered Response......

I am sorry. I paid for 2tb service.
I paid that my files be available.
My files are missing or corrupt.

Yet I'm told to wait.....be patient....shut up.....be happy. .....

You DO NOT NEED ACCESS TO FILES OR PRIVATE MATERIAL to answer WHY all video files .....no matter the user as I have collected 216 off of a forum......no matte the privacy......YOUR servers corrupt videos stored.....

I'll expect resolution , as Haley the rep said, EXTREMELY RAPID.
I expect my files restored and the existing files not to be corrupt.

Or is that too much to ask and the official DROPBOX community needs permission. to answer.

Dropboxer
Again, I’m sorry to hear about your experience, @Ucgsb1

I understand that you tried to contact our technical Support team, however, since you mention that you’re on a 2TB plan which is a Plus subscription, please bear in mind that you have access to email and chat support

Phone support is currently available only to team admins on Business teams on an Advanced or Enterprise plan. 

Additionally, if you did get through to someone on the line using, for example, a number you found through a search engine, you contacted a third party support channel that is unaffiliated with Dropbox, which could likely be a scam or imposter service. 

Furthermore, please note that Dropbox doesn’t edit your files and cannot alter them in any way. Changes to files are either user or third party app/service initiated. 

As mentioned previously though, we cannot assist any further from here as this is a public platform and a user-based interface, so please refer to your existing ticket.

I can see that you received a reply via email with the next steps to take so as to troubleshoot the issue at hand. I’ve made sure to made my colleague reviewing this for you aware of your comments and they’ll do their best to assist you. 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 3
Still no response. No solution. All video files stored on Dropbox are corrupt. Keep getting told it has been upgraded, nothing.
Missing files and folders

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Zero response from customer service
4 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post