Known issues - updated Aug 14th see more

Ability to attach Dropbox files to email in Mail app on Ipad has disappeared

SOLVED
Go to solution
3 Comments
1 Kudo
Level 2

Ability to attach Dropbox files to email in Mail app on Ipad has disappeared

I have regularly been able to attached documents from Dropbox when creating an email on OSX Mail app. However, now I am not able to. Steps that fail are below:

1. Create email on iPad with Mail.
  2. Tap on the paper clip icon OR tap in the body to get banner of options, including Add Attachment
  3. Window opens with file access options; under LOCATIONS, find ICloud Drive, On My IPad, and Recently Deleted. No Dropbox option.
  4. No MORE... button anywhere to add Dropbox as a choice for Mail to attach documents.
  5. I have looked in Settings for a way to tell either Dropbox to allow access or Mail to get access to Dropbox. No success yet.

Please, any solution? I have found discussion of problem with Outlook and referral to Microsoft, but there is no MS Office involvement in this issue.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Dropboxer

Re: Ability to attach Dropbox files to email in Mail app on Ipad has disappeared

Hi there, we’re assuming you’re referring to the iOS Mail app, not the Mac OSX app.

Have you installed the Dropbox mobile app, and does the Dropbox folder appear on the Files app on your iPad?

If not, could you confirm what version of iOS you’re running on the iPad, and what version of the Dropbox app is installed?

Thanks in advance!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

3 Replies
Solution
Dropboxer

Re: Ability to attach Dropbox files to email in Mail app on Ipad has disappeared

Hi there, we’re assuming you’re referring to the iOS Mail app, not the Mac OSX app.

Have you installed the Dropbox mobile app, and does the Dropbox folder appear on the Files app on your iPad?

If not, could you confirm what version of iOS you’re running on the iPad, and what version of the Dropbox app is installed?

Thanks in advance!

Jay

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Highlighted
Level 2

This is a great question and a helpful response. 

Since I do not normally use the Files app, I had not checked it. Sure enough, when I did, I saw that Dropbox was not enabled on Files. When I enabled it there, it appeared back in the Mail app.

i don’t know why it went away, but this solved my problem. 

Thanks.

K Martin

Dropboxer

Glad you were able to resolve it so quickly, and for getting back to me on this!

Have a great week ahead!

Jay

Still stuck? Contact Support directly, or ask a question on the community.
Still stuck?
Top Contributors
Rich 4350
Mark 3636
Jane 1185
Sanchez 974
Greg K. 885