cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Android app not installing on 4.4.2?

Android app not installing on 4.4.2?

Bernd B.1
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I reset my Huawei 302 Stream phone and am now unable to re-install Dropbox. Google Play tells me that the app is not compatible with my device. If I remember well, the app requires Android 4.4; my version is 4.4.2 (and can't be upgraded). Perhaps there are other factors than the Android version that prevent it from working.

Is there a way for me to install Dropbox on this phone?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there @Bernd B.1

If you have an Android device and you want to run the mobile app, as you correctly point out, a 4.4 (KitKat) OS or later is required. You can find out what OS you’re currently using here.

Having said that, could you please reboot your device and, if the behavior persists, try to download the mobile app directly from this link

If you're still experiencing the same behavior, could you please send me a screenshot (without any personal info) of the error message that you see so as to have a better visual understanding of your query? 

Let me know of any updates!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there @Bernd B.1

If you have an Android device and you want to run the mobile app, as you correctly point out, a 4.4 (KitKat) OS or later is required. You can find out what OS you’re currently using here.

Having said that, could you please reboot your device and, if the behavior persists, try to download the mobile app directly from this link

If you're still experiencing the same behavior, could you please send me a screenshot (without any personal info) of the error message that you see so as to have a better visual understanding of your query? 

Let me know of any updates!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Bernd B.1
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks Lusil. For now I have a different solution: Before resetting my phone, I had used a Huawei utility "clone phone" to copy everything to an other Stream (yes, I have two of those). It occurred to me that I should make use of that clone.

After cloning the clone back to the original phone, the Dropbox app is back and I am happy. I checked that the version that is installed on the phone is 140.2.6, which is the newest version (May 3) on the Play Store. It looks everything is OK for now.

Bernd.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @Bernd B.1, glad to hear that you were able to resolve your concern in the end - awesome work on the troubleshooting! 

If you have any other questions in the future, don’t hesitate to give us a nudge. In the meantime, have a wonderful day ahead! :grin:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?