cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are the offline files stored on Android, and how is that location maintained?

Where are the offline files stored on Android, and how is that location maintained?

abeall
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Where are the offline files stored on Android, and how is that location maintained?

Experimenting with a Moto G4 I chose a file in Dropbox and selected "Available offline" then used a File Manager and found the file in:

root/sdcard/Android/data/com.dropbox.android/files/u1234567/scratch

What is the `u1234567` portion? Is it a user partition? Is that value consistent for the same user across devices, or is it unique per device? Does it change after time, and if so, when and why? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

You'll probably need to ask Support those questions, but if I had to guess, they likely won't provide that information.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

You'll probably need to ask Support those questions, but if I had to guess, they likely won't provide that information.

abeall
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Ok.

FWIW after a little more digging it appears to definitely be my user id. That answers most of my questions.

fiddybux
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I wanted to know exactly what you're trying to find out, as I need exact paths at all times. So, did you ever find out?

Does the scratch folder change at all? I'm about to start testing myself, so we'll see I guess.

Mine2
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

First off, I don't care if this is two years old topic, lock it if you must, but this is just so stupid design decision and it still exists years later.

Anyway, after two years and 4 months, it seems that the path is still the same, so it does not change. The only exception was that unlike OP, my path was on the internal memory and not on SD-card.

<internal or sdcard>/Android/data/com.dropbox.android/files/<user_id>/scratch

Thanks for the OP for letting us know the path.

This thread is closed due to inactivity. Please feel free to create a new topic here. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mine2 New member | Level 2
    fiddybux New member | Level 2
    abeall New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?