cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background uploading not staying on

Background uploading not staying on

r1701me
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Is anyone have an issue where if you turn on Background Uploading, it will work for a little while after turning off the app, then you'll get the notification that uploading is paused and I'll need to launch the app to continue?  When I do launch the app, uploading begins.  I'll go and check the setting for Background Uploading and it will be set back to OFF.  Both my iphone and ipad (with iOS 11.0.2) are having the exact same problem.

I'm running the latest version of Dropbox (66.2.8) with iOS 11.0.2.  I have also checked location permisions and they are set to always use.  Dropbox also has access to background app refresh as well photos.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
The issue was fixed in the next release (i.e. in October) I'm afraid Joe hence no more posts. Therefore the issue is not this one.

Have you made sure you have location services turned on for Dropbox on your phone?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
This is a known issue. I expect that it will be fixed in the next update.

Breedlo
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Since updating to os11, my location setting to enable background uploading reverts to off. I have restrictions set to not allow any changes to my location settings, so Dropbox is reverting to even through I set it to always allow location data and turn the restrictions back on.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
See my reply above. I've merged your thread with this one.

DaveSangor05
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi there,

I have an iPhone 6s running iOS11.0.1, and to date, my dropbox app has NEVER auto updated or auto synced to my windows computer which I've done the sync setup on unless I have the app open on my phone and keep the screen turned on which is a battery suck....

Is there a way to remedy this? It's sort of a pain when I jump on my pc and don't have my images on DB and open the app and there's 45 images from the last 2 months...

Thank you!

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Welcome to the Dropbox Community, I hope you have a great week ahead! 

As a first step, could you make sure you’re running 11.0.2 iOS on your device & you’re running app version 66.2.8? 

Secondly, have you tried uninstalling the application on your phone & re-installing & see how that works for you (you may keep in mind that if you have pending uploads that fail to sync online, these will be picked upon the re-installation)? 

Please keep us updated on the outcome here, so that we work on that together! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Joe M.10
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Well, I guess it's some constellation to hear that I'm not the only one that suffers from this problem. But it seems clear from these postings it been an issue for months, and nothing has been done to fix it? Really disappointing, especially as a paid user. I have to open the app on my iPhone to get it to upload photos.

Hey Dropbox folks, please fix this.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
The issue was fixed in the next release (i.e. in October) I'm afraid Joe hence no more posts. Therefore the issue is not this one.

Have you made sure you have location services turned on for Dropbox on your phone?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Joe M.10
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Yes indeed.  Dropbox location services is set to "Always".  And of course it's on in background app refresh.  

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @Joe M.10

Of course, I must ask the obvious: what version of iOS and our app are you running? iOS is currently on 11.2.6, and our app is 82.2. If you’re all up to date, go ahead and get in touch with our support team for further troubleshooting. When you get a ticket number, let me know, and I’ll make sure to get someone on it right away. 

Cheers! 

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Joe M.10 Helpful | Level 6
    Sanchez Dropbox Staff
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?