Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

Can't export presets from dropbox to Lightroom

Level 2

Hi,

I've a issue. I bought presets to use on my mobile phone with Lightroom. Now, following the instructuion for the installation, I should have an option to Export all of them from my mobile Dropbox to my camera roll. When I click on Export unfortunatly I don't have any option that said "Camera roll". Do you know why?

Thank you for your help.

Best, 

Antonella

2 Replies

Re: Can't export presets from dropbox to Lightroom

Dropboxer

Hello there Antonella - welcome to our forums!

I'm not sure what device you're using so I'm including the steps to do this for all mobile devices. Can you go through them and let me know if they work for you? If they don't, could you send me a screenshot of the last page you're on when you get an error (or the problem you're facing at the moment)? 

On Android, exporting a file saves a copy of the file to any location on your device, such as your device's Documents folder or another application. Exported files will not sync with your Dropbox account. To Export a File: 

• Open the Dropbox app and navigate to the file you want to export.
  • Press on the arrow to the right of the file.
  • Select 'Export,' then choose the location where you'd like to save a copy of your file. If a location is not present in the list, it is not an available location for exporting Dropbox files.

On iOS, you can export photos or videos to your device’s “Camera Roll” album. Other files can be exported to applications that support their file types.  To export a photo or video to your device: 

• Open the Dropbox app and open the photo or video that you would like to export
  • Tap the ellipsis (..) on the top-right and select “Export”
  • Tap “Save Image” (or “Save Video”) to save this file locally to your device

To export other files:

• Open the file you’d like to export in the Dropbox app
  • Tap the ellipsis (..) on the top-right and select “Export”. You will now see two rows of apps.
  • In the lower row, tap “Open In…” - this will show you a list of apps to export this file to. If you don’t see any apps indicated, you will need to download an app that supports this filetype.

Please note that exporting a file saves a copy of the file to another app. Exported files will not sync with your Dropbox account.

On Windows:On your Windows Mobile device, you can save files to your device. Here’s how: 

• Open the Dropbox app and navigate to the file you want to export.
  • Long-press on the file and select “save to device”
  • Choose the location where you'd like to save a copy of your file

You can view files you export directly in the location where you exported them. Note that a copy of the file will remain in Dropbox, but any changes you make to the exported file will not be synced with Dropbox. If you make changes to an exported file that you wish to sync with your other devices, you'll need to import the edited file back into Dropbox.

Last but not least, please make sure you're running the latest versions of our mobile app, the 3rd party app you'd like to export to and your mobile's operating system as well. 

In any case, please keep me posted on your findings @antonella1!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Re: Can't export presets from dropbox to Lightroom

Level 2

Thank You SO much Walter for your prompt reply!!

I'm afraid I'm stuck. I've an Huawei P8 and when I open the Dropbox app for export the dng file I don't have a camera roll option. I can only save on the device, it means I save the pictures itself and RAW. When I tried to upload on LLC for see if it works, I see the pictures and not the blank page. Even if I use a free LLC it should have the possibility to works on presets.

That's it. I''ll try to figute it out.

Thanks again.
Antonella  
Mobile

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Can't export presets from dropbox to Lightroom
2 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post