Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Downloading is taking over 3 days

Level 2

I have an iphone with the dropbox app and it's taken over 3 days for ONE thing to download.  I have tried googling instructions on how to fix this issue and none of them have helped with this issue.  I'm considering just getting rid of my dropbox altogether because this is ridiculous.  How can I fix this issue once and for all before deleting my dropbox?

5 Replies

Re: Downloading is taking over 3 days

Super User

Hello, sorry you are having issues.  First off, on mobile devices, like the iPhone, the files are not on the phones itself unless you 'chose it to be offline'  What you see is thumbnails of the files.  When you click on the file, it will attempt to open it or if there is no app to open, it will tell you and then you decide what you need to do, whether to export it, etc.

I am confused with your using the term 'Downloading'  What type of file is it and what are you trying to achieve?

-------------------------

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

Level 2
I apologize, I meant uploading not downloading but it’s just the uploading of my camera (pics and videos) that’s taking 3 days to upload just ONE.
Highlighted

Super User

Thanks for clarifying some things.  Okay, I assume that you had in the past given permissions to upload pics to Dropbox.  Try checking out this Help Center Article https://www.dropbox.com/help/photos-videos/camera-uploads-fix

I hope this helps

-------------------------

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

Level 5

In some countries, there are connection issues, so try some anti filter or proxy apps.

I think so @Foad

Mobile

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Downloading is taking over 3 days
5 Replies
4 Likes