cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

DropBox with passcode is inaccessible after upgrade to IOS 12.1.4.

Level 3

I have DropBox installed on my iPad with a passcode set up.  I upgraded to IOS 12.1.4 and DropBox moved to the Files folder.  That's fine, except now I cannot get into DropBox without authenticating by entering the passcode.  But I cannot: 

1. enter passcode,

2. uninstall DropBox.

It's a Catch-22 and I'm stuck.  How do I resolve this?

7 Replies

Re: DropBox with passcode is inaccessible after upgrade to IOS 12.1.4.

Dropboxer

In general, iOS 11 uses a new native app named Files to attach files from third-party apps such as Dropbox. For example, if you are trying to attach files from the Mail app, you are now being redirected to the new Apple Files app to attach them. 

Dropbox has been enabled to work with the Files app, but in order for the attachment action to work, you currently need to ensure that the Dropbox iOS app does not have a passcode enabled. This is currently out of our control and the limitation resides on Files app supporting this feature on third-party apps.

You can find more details about this and other features that are currently not enabled on Dropbox in this article.

I hope this helped to some extent. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 3

Thank you, Lusil.

So if I understand you correctly, since I had a passcode set up for DropBox before I upgraded, I am pretty much stuck since I can't use or even uninstall DropBox that is now in the Files folder.  I have to wait for this issue, as described in the article, to be resolved outside of our control.  So in the meantime, I believe I can access DropBox via the website and ignore the inoperable app for now.  Thanks for the prompt reply.

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Sorry for missing that one, @IOSuser: are you unable to hold your finger over the mobile app icon and select the red X button that appears at the top-left to uninstall it? thinking face

Lusil

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Level 3
There is no DropBox icon on my screen any longer. DropBox moved to the Files folder and the icon is gone. Trying to open it from the App Store doesn’t work. So I can’t remove it by holding my finger on it because it’s not there to do it. I’m stuck.

Dropboxer
Thanks for clarifying that for me, @IOSuser. In that case, I’d kindly recommend contacting Apple support, as they may have more info on the matter. 

Nonetheless, let me know how it goes, and if you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to get back to me. slightly smiling face

Lusil

Super User II

@IOSuser wrote:
DropBox moved to the Files folder and the icon is gone.

Dropbox wasn't moved. You simply have a reference to it within the Files app. You said you can't open Dropbox from the App Store. Are you able to install it from the App Store?

Have you tried to search in iOS for Dropbox (tap and hold any app icon while pulling down)?

Level 3
Thank you Rich. So DropBox app was previously downloaded before the IOS upgrade. So when I go to the App Store now, there is a button to “open,” not install. When I click on “open,” it tries to open the app very briefly and goes back to the App Store.
I have been unable to locate the app icon anywhere on my iPad screen.
Thank you for your suggestions. I appreciate it very much.
Mobile

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

DropBox with passcode is inaccessible after upgrade to IOS 12.1.4.
7 Replies
0 Likes