cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox App not Working on iOS 12

Dropbox App not Working on iOS 12

ShaneP
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Earlier my iPhone 8 was running iOS 11.2 but today I finally updated to the latest iOS 12. However  whenever now I am trying to open the Dropbox app it only is displaying  a white blank screen at the startup and few seconds later just closing itself  automatically. Can anyone please help me fix it asap?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

patjunior
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I spent ages trying to figure this out. Even asked Dropbox and they asked me tonnes of stupid questions along with ‘have you tried re installing?’ YES
Turn off your wifi and go into the app settings in Dropbox through your iPhone settings. The new iOS 12 update has turned off your mobile data, turn it back on and it’ll work.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

atccodex
Super User alumni
Go to solution

Have you tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling?

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi Shane, could you try deleting the Dropbox app, rebooting the phone, and then reinstalling it from the app store to see if this helps?

If you get the same issue, please could you forward a screencast showing what happens when opening the file?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

patjunior
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I spent ages trying to figure this out. Even asked Dropbox and they asked me tonnes of stupid questions along with ‘have you tried re installing?’ YES
Turn off your wifi and go into the app settings in Dropbox through your iPhone settings. The new iOS 12 update has turned off your mobile data, turn it back on and it’ll work.

hjdia
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

WOW...it worked!!! Thanks so much!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

hjdia New member | Level 2
    patjunior New member | Level 2
    Jay Dropbox Staff
    atccodex Super User alumni
What do Dropbox user levels mean?