Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

Dropbox Does Not Work with iOS Files App

Level 7

I have an iPad Pro 11"  iOS 12.1.1 and iPhone XS max iOS 12.1.2 and Dropbox version 124.2.2.

I am trying to use the iOS Files app. When I select Dropbox in Browse view I am presented with an Authentication screen. I click Authenticate and I get the following error message on my iPad > Internal Error - Couldn't communicate with Helper application and and when I click Authenticate on my iPhone the Files app crashes. Is thIMG_0056.PNGIMG_0057.PNGis a Dropbox issue or Apple Files app issue?

3 Replies

Re: Dropbox Does Not Work with iOS Files App

Dropboxer

Seems like a Files app issue to me since the error you get is coming from your Files app - not Dropbox @Pete G.3!

Note that iOS 11 (and onwards) uses a new native application named "Files" to attach files from third-party applications such as Dropbox.

For example, if you are trying to attach files from the "Mail" app, you are now being redirected to the new Apple Files app to attach them. Dropbox has been enabled to work with the Files app, but in order for the attachment action to work, you currently need to ensure that the Dropbox iOS app does not have a passcode enabled. This is currently out of our control and the limitation resides on Files app supporting this feature on third party apps.

Alternatively, if you would prefer to not remove the passcode, you can also share files directly from within the Dropbox iOS app as usual. 

More details about this, and other features that are not currently enabled on Dropbox can be seen on the following Help Center article:  

https://www.dropbox.com/help/mobile/ios-files-app

I hope this information helps to some extent Pete and please let me know if there's anything else I can assist with.  

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 7

Thanks!!

Super User II

Hi @Pete G.3

Out of interest have you made sure that the Dropbox app is up to date on your phone? By that I mean can you log in and use it? 

The PIN code issue is the reason I personally am not using Files. 

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Mobile

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Dropbox Does Not Work with iOS Files App
3 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post