Dropbox access in Auria Pro on iPad Pro

SOLVED
8 Comments
2 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 4

Dropbox access in Auria Pro on iPad Pro

Hello!

For a few days now I cannot access Dropbox in the music app Auria on an iPad Pro (2017 -512GB - iOS 11.0.2).

In "Import File" or "Load project" when I tap the Dropbox tab, the Dropbox app opens and asks if I would like to permit access. Then I'm directed back to Auria, but in the Dropbox tab I see only the local folders. When I tap the Dropbox tab again, I am again redirected to the Dropbox app and again asked to permit access ...

The Auria developer says he can't help me since it works on all his devices.

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Dropboxer

Re: Dropbox access in Auria Pro on iPad Pro

Hi mso77,

Usually when something like this happens it is due to a bug in the "handshake" the two apps do to share your login session auth token (unique per login session) from the Dropbox iOS app. To clear persisted data that might be causing the issue, I would sign out from Dropbox, delete Dropbox, then reinstall Dropbox, and login again. (Note if you don't have Dropbox EMM, or don't know what it is, you can skip the sign out as deleting the app will sign you out for you) If it still doesn't work with the same issue then the bug is possibly on their side. Can you try reinstalling Dropbox and seeing if it works now?

------------------------------
iOS Engineer @ Dropbox
8 Replies
Super User II

The Auria developer is the only one that can help you as he's the one that created the application and the integration with Dropbox. Dropbox provides the API to developers, but it's the developers that create the code within their app to use it. Dropbox cannot support third-party applications. Only the developer can.

Level 4

Hello Rich,

thanks for your reply.

Since he doesn't know why it's not working on my iPad Dropbox is the only one else I can ask.

It is possible that they changed something in the API causing a problem. And maybe they do know something that might help, so my question still stands.

Super User II

Dropbox shutdown API v1 last week after it had been deprecated over a year ago. Application developers needed to update their applications to API v2 (notices went out to developers in June 2016). Any application that was still using API v1 as of last week will no longer function with Dropbox.

That's not to say that the issue you're experiencing is related to API v1 being shutdown, but if it's not, the timing is a hell of a coincidence.

Either way, Dropbox cannot troubleshoot a problem involving a third-party app. You can try updating the Dropbox app on your device. Short of that, any other troubleshooting will need to start with the developer. They'll have access to an API support group within Dropbox.

Level 4

He says the APIs are okay. I seem to be the only one with this problem.
Level 4

He suggested deleting the Dropbox app because Auria can access Dropbox directly. That worked.
Solution
Dropboxer

Hi mso77,

Usually when something like this happens it is due to a bug in the "handshake" the two apps do to share your login session auth token (unique per login session) from the Dropbox iOS app. To clear persisted data that might be causing the issue, I would sign out from Dropbox, delete Dropbox, then reinstall Dropbox, and login again. (Note if you don't have Dropbox EMM, or don't know what it is, you can skip the sign out as deleting the app will sign you out for you) If it still doesn't work with the same issue then the bug is possibly on their side. Can you try reinstalling Dropbox and seeing if it works now?

------------------------------
iOS Engineer @ Dropbox
Level 4

Thank you. It works now.
It seems I had to connect directly first.

Community Manager

Would you mind taking a minute of your time to fill out a survey sharing your experience using our Dropbox Community? You can access it here: http://bit.ly/2lNKIxT

Thank you!

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly! slightly smiling face