cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox and Files App Issues (iOS 11)

Dropbox and Files App Issues (iOS 11)

Neil K.
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hello

I am having issues using Dropbox with the Files App.

1. When trying to attach a file to an email I can browse and select the file but when I select the file the round 'downloading' icon appears but it never completes. The square 'cancel' icon at the centre of the circle is unresponsive. 
  2. When browsing Dropbox within the Files App some (but not all) folders display "To view the items in this folder, you need to authenticate". When I click the button to authenticate the screen briefly flickers but nothing happens. 
  3. I cannot browse Dropbox within Files unless I disable my Dropbox pass-code/touch ID. A few days ago this was working.
  4. The search feature within Files does not return any of the Dropbox files.

I have tried the following steps to remedy the situation:

• Cleared Dropbox cache.
  • Deleted the Dropbox App and then restored it to the latest version (64.3)
  • Rebooted my iPhone 7.
  • Tried another device (iPad Mini 2).

None of these actions have made any difference. I would appreciate any help that you can offer.

Thank you.

45 Replies 45

Neil K.
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thank you for that detailed response, much appreciated.

dantaylr
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Definitely experiencing #4 here. Can’t search for anything in my Dropbox even when I am in the Dropbox folder itself within files.

despot82
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same happens to me. It does not work. Simple as that. Just flickers a bit and than hangs.

MBU71
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

The problem I had was : after the iOS 11.1 update the "authentication required" poped up in the file-app when trying to access dropbox from that app.  It stated that you should authenticate in the dropbox app - which I did but had no effect but the file app hanging.

The solution described as "Removing dropbox app, Rebooting iPhone, Installing dropbox app again, logging on in dropbox and then opening the file app and accessing dropbox" solved the problem.

Dwhite
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
When is this update ??

DavidZ
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
@Dwhite, many updates have gone out since that post. Are you still having the issues that were described earlier in this thread? If so, what specific issue are you encountering?

Dwhite
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Yes still same issues deleted the app re installed it on my ipad same same

@David Z.6 wrote:
@Dwhite, many updates have gone out since that post. Are you still having the issues that were described earlier in this thread? If so, what specific issue are you encountering?

DavidZ
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
@Dwhite, can you help us understand the issue you're having by being more specific and describing exactly what you're seeing? There are at least five different issues in this thread, and as I don't see any previous posts from you in this thread, I'm not sure which one(s) you're encountering.

Neil K.
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I still cannot search Dropbox from the files App. It will find files that have previously been opened, but nothing else.

Worshond
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Seriously???? I had the same issue, Googled and came across this. An app, in 2017, that is still being bouled over by a fullstop???? Come on. This is embarassing.

Need more support?