cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox crash

Dropbox crashing on Android

R2more
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

For about a week now, Dropbox is crashing on my Android 5.1 phone (Kernel 3.10.65+).  Latest version of Dropbox I have installed is v.114.2.12 

I cleared app and phone cache, uninstalled, reinstalled, restarted, and still it doesn't work. 

It looks like it works on restart but when I try to access any files, it kicks me out of the app and to my home screen.

I noticed that the app is still running in the background, but every time I put focus on it; it kicks me out to home screen again.

38 Replies 38

Alerod
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Jep, it is [personal information removed by moderation for security reasons] Thanks!

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

You can have a look at your email whenever you get a chance @Alerod & we’ll take it from there. Thanks & happy Friday! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

smahmud2
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
when I tap on it, it starts but a second laer it quits. goes back to home screen. It was okay for the whole year. I tried installing, uninstalling, clearing cache.
Please help
Tia

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hello @smahmud2 - sorry to hear this. 

As we've been getting a number of similar reports lately, I moved your post under this thread to keep things neat in our forums. 

Moreover, I have reached out via email to the address you use for your forum's profile so that we can have a more detailed look into this with all of our tools available. 

Check your inbox for my email and we'll take it from there. Thanks in advance and have a lovely week ahead!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Megaman
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I am having the same issue with my Meizo M2 Note on Android 5.1

App keeps crashing when I open it.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for reporting here @Megaman. To further investigate, I’ve sent you both a brief message on the email connected to your Forum profile. You may have a look at your inbox at your earliest convenience & we’ll take it from there!

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

bit_nibble_bite
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello,

I'm also experiencing the same problem of starting but immediate crash on my Android 5.1 phone.

Is there a fix I can try ?

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Sorry to hear about this @bit_nibble_bite - can you confirm that this is happening on our latest version of the mobile app ( currently 120.2) and after you have cleared your cache memory?

Could you please try to clear the cache on your app and then sign out and back into your Dropbox account? To do this on your Android device:

- Tap the menu icon in the upper-left corner of the screen
- Select "Settings"
- Select “Clear Cache

Once this is done then please ensure you log out of the Dropbox application, then restart your device and log back in again.

Keep us posted on your findings please!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

hannns66
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

As I have the same problem since one month - I dont understand this advice for clearing the cache. All users are claiming that Dropbox is disappearing immediately after launching it. How you can "tap the menu item" if Drobox is gone?

And by the way - with Google Play you will not get the Version 120.2 - there is offered the version 118.2.2  from Oct. 24th .... But after several attempts this morning I reinstalled my old version and switched off the automatic update.

I am frustrated.

mcharlie
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I found out that if you disable any network, wifi or phone then dropbox starts without collapsing... is it the same for all of you?

Need more support?