Error 413 when uploading videos via iOS app

SOLVED
Go to solution
16 Comments
12 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3

Error 413 when uploading videos via iOS app

I have been using my iPhone to shoot videos for a long time now but all of a sudden, lately, I cannot upload to Dropbox. I have to go to iCloud and then copy it over. Is this going to be a permanent problem now?

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Dropboxer

Re: Error 413 from my iPhone

Let’s check what’s happening & we’ll take it from there; thanks for posting on the Dropbox Forum on this matter

Initially, it’s advisable to ensure that you’re running the latest Dropbox version of the app on your phone (90.2) & you’ve installed all latest OS updates. 

Following, have you attempted importing your video using the (+) button as a workaround? 

Last but not least, can you let me know how big is the file you’re unable to upload, so as to try & reproduce with you & see if I’m getting the same results on my end? 

I’ll be awaiting your next reply here, so as to work on a fix together. Until then, take care & I hope you have a happy Friday! 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Accept as Solution White check mark if this post answers your question!
Kudos relieved face are always appreciated!! Rainbow

16 Replies
Super User II

How are you uploading them to Dropbox? Are you using the Dropbox app on your phone, the website, etc.? What is the exact process you're using, step by step?

A 413 error usually refers to a size error, at least for most services (those error codes are generic).

Level 3

I use my iPhone to shoot video. It has an upload to Dropbox that I have used for similar length videos. One other time I had it refuse but I did not get this error message. I do it every week and it worked last week but not yesterday.

Super User II

Exact steps, please, as there are many ways to upload files to Dropbox, using both the official Dropbox app, the operating system of your phone, and third-party apps.

You shoot your video. In Apple's Camera app or a third-party app? Once you've recorded it, how are you uploading it?

GP3 Level 2
Level 2

I have the same problem.  I shoot with my iPad camera, then from within the camera, select the video sharing options, and "Save to Dropbox."  This has always worked in the past.

Dropboxer

Hey @GP3, welcome to our community! 

As Rich mentioned above, this is a generic error that usually has to do with size. Instead of sending it to your Dropbox through this 3rd-party app, you can use the plus button ( + ) within our app to add the video to your account. 

Have a great weekend smiling face with sunglasses

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly!
slightly smiling face

I get the same 413 error when trying to upload a video from iMovie to Dropbox.  I've been able to do it in the past with larger files than I'm attempting and I haven't been able to get the last 4 movies into Dropbox. Inside iMovie there is a "download" or "share" button and it gives "Save to Dropbox" as an option of location to save it to. It lets me select which folder inside my Dropbox folder to save it to, but gets hung up mid-way on the upload.  Any suggestions?

Solution
Dropboxer

Let’s check what’s happening & we’ll take it from there; thanks for posting on the Dropbox Forum on this matter

Initially, it’s advisable to ensure that you’re running the latest Dropbox version of the app on your phone (90.2) & you’ve installed all latest OS updates. 

Following, have you attempted importing your video using the (+) button as a workaround? 

Last but not least, can you let me know how big is the file you’re unable to upload, so as to try & reproduce with you & see if I’m getting the same results on my end? 

I’ll be awaiting your next reply here, so as to work on a fix together. Until then, take care & I hope you have a happy Friday! 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Accept as Solution White check mark if this post answers your question!
Kudos relieved face are always appreciated!! Rainbow

Level 4

This is not an acceptable solution and solves nothing.

The problem still exist.  Uploading from imovie via ipad getting 413 error. Latest version of app, file size not larger than dropbox limits.

Level 3

I gave up and simply share to iCloud. Then my VA accesses it from there and does the final editing. 

Still stuck? Contact Support directly, or ask a question on the community.
Still stuck?
Top Contributors
Rich 4839
Mark 3754
Jane 1054
Tom_M 886
Greg K. 804