cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues - updated Aug 14th see more

Export/save multiple images to Photo Roll from Dropbox, IOS ipad app?

SOLVED
Go to solution
56 Comments
100 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2

Export/save multiple images to Photo Roll from Dropbox, IOS ipad app?

I see how to export individual images (Export > Save Image) from Dropbox to my photo roll but what if I have 200 photos? How do I export multiple images in one action?

I have a column on the left with list/thumbnails of the images, you can select mutliple images but how can you export them all at once? Big frustration...

Thank you

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Super User II

Re: Export/save multiple images to Photo Roll from Dropbox, IOS ipad app?

seeeker wrote:

How do I export multiple images in one action?

You can't. Photos can only be exported one at a time.

56 Replies
Solution
Super User II

seeeker wrote:

How do I export multiple images in one action?

You can't. Photos can only be exported one at a time.

Level 2

Ha! Thanks. That's what I was afraid of. I'm sure many people are frustrated by this, which I imagine would result in the addition of that feature. Weird.
AWE
Level 4

Wow that's really my big frustration too!! I was looking for a solution..... can't think about that it's not possible:-(((
Dropboxer

Hey AWE

Thanks for reaching out. Please keep in mind that this isn't currently an option on iPad, though I’d be more than glad to follow-up and pass on your comments to the team as a feature request for further consideration!

If there’s anything else I could do to help, please let me know in your reply! 

Kind regards,
JaneA

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 2

I can hardly believe the programmers didn't realize how annoying this deficiency is. It's just ridiculous to force users to 'export' files one-by-one. Suppose you have hundreds of photos in a Dropbox folder that you want to save to the iPad Camera Roll?

Level 6

So is there any resolution on this? I exported 3800+ photos in good faith that i would be able to download them at my lesuire. as you can appreciate, I am unhappy with the prospect that I would have to down load this number of pictures individually. This is a glaring error on your part as a company, how could anyone be so shortsighted as to omit such an obvious feature, or is it to ensnare people into purchasing more storage from yourselves when they run out of room?

Super User II

Neil_Lynds wrote:

I exported 3800+ photos in good faith that i would be able to download them at my lesuire.

The issue being discussed in this thread doesn't apply to downloading your images, just saving them back to the Camera Roll on iOS devices.

You can easily download all of your photos to your computer. The easiest method is to install the Dropbox client on your computer and allow it to sync all of your files. All the data in your account will be located in the newly created Dropbox folder on your computer. You can then continue to sync your files, or uninstall the Dropbox client if you no longer wish to sync.

If you don't want to install the Dropbox client, then you can download your photos directly from the Dropbox website. If you choose to download a folder or multiple files selected together, Dropbox will add them to a Zip file for you to download (total size for downloading multiple files at once is 1GB, or 10,000 files).

Level 6

I am not asking to download them to my pc, I want them back on my phone, directly, without having to zip them, download them to my pc, then unzip them and upload them to my phone.
Level 4

So I take it this request is not going to be implemented. It’s been forever and we are still waiting for the feature to save to iOS camera roll.
Still stuck? Contact Support directly, or ask a question on the community.
Still stuck?
Top Contributors
Rich 4369
Mark 3665
Jane 1194
Sanchez 975
Greg K. 888