cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Re: Export/save multiple images to Photo Roll from Dropbox, IOS ipad app?

Level 6
Told you. They might have well have a bot respond to this thread now.

Dropboxer
Hi there, @Neil_Lynds

I just wanted to let you know that your comments are also detailed in my feedback report. Whether they’re positive or not, we’re always interested in hearing about your experience with our services. 

Have a wonderful rest of the day slightly smiling face

Sanchez
Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Dropboxer
Hi harrybel,

I use Instagram too and I understand your pain. We’re working to better prioritize this, but we can’t commit to a timeline right now. I am personally pushing for this to be higher priority.

As a personal work-around, I offline the files I want to export first. When the green icon appears on the offline files that means they've downloaded to the Dropbox app cache, and when you export it it will be instant, instead of having to download.

------------------------------
iOS Engineer @ Dropbox

Level 3

Maple - thanks for the suggestion. Problem is I'm a free user, so it's still only possible to offline them one at a time.

Dropboxer
You still gain a little bit from offlining each file, by not having to wait for the whole download to finish before offlining the next file.

------------------------------
iOS Engineer @ Dropbox

Level 2

It is absolutely ridiculous that you can only export one photo at a time to the camera roll. I spent hours searching for the answer and what's even crazier is this was brought to your attention as an issue YEARS ago and is not fixed yet. I now have to hit Export, save, 400 freaking times to get my pics back on my phone to use them as needed. Defeats the purpose of storing them on Dropbox for convienience if it will take hours to get them back smh. The whole point of storing them on something that had an app for my phone as well as my computer was ease of access and a time saver etc. Perhaps there should be a popup letting you know that *before* you upload them (which you can upload multiple at a time, just not get them back lol)

Export/save multiple images to Photo Roll from Dropbox, IOS ipad app?

Level 2

As topic.

I have pro susbcription and noticed that I cannot save multiple photos from dropbox app to IOS camera roll. (only can do single file "export")

This is preposterous, how can a function so basic escape the development / design team.

I understand this comment has been brought on for YEARS.

And the stupid video sound issue is neve fixed (namely where you upload a video file onto dropbox, the soudn suddenly disappears, where the file was perfectly fine before that on pc, but I dgress... )

Any update on exporting multiple photos from DROPBOX APP into IOS camera roll? I will cancel and advice all the people I know to not use dropbox TBH if this is not fix.

Highlighted

Export multiple files FROM Dropbox TO mobile phone camera roll.

I'm creating a new thread for this, as there is an existing thread which is stated as 'solved' however it's not solved, there are just workarounds:

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Mobile/Export-save-multiple-images-to-Photo-Roll-from-Dropbox-IOS-ip...

Dropbox team,

A lot of users are paying you (including me) and have been for several years, not just so we can store files on Dropbox, but also so you can develop and improve the app. This was flagged as important by your own team, yet you still haven't added the functionality!

Export multiple files FROM Dropbox on a smarphone TO the smartphone's camera roll. No workarounds, just an obvious addition to the core app functionality.

Regards,
Pete Borlace

Re: Export multiple files FROM Dropbox TO mobile phone camera roll.

Dropboxer

Hey there @pete-borlace - thanks for your additional feedback on this one; I'll let our mobile app's dev team know.

If there's anything else I can help with in the meantime, please let me know and happy Monday!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Re: Export multiple files FROM Dropbox TO mobile phone camera roll.

Hi @Walter

Thanks for the quick reply and for raising this with the mobile app's dev team. I'd be interested to also read your opinion on this; do you think this feature should be in the app? 

Regards,

Pete

Mobile

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Export/save multiple images to Photo Roll from Dropbox, IOS ipad app?
63 Replies
119 Likes
Solved! : See solution