cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

How can I attach a Dropbox file into a WhatsApp chat?

Level 2

I am trying to attach a doc to a whats app chat - everytime i go to dropbox and select the file (which i scanned onto dropbox) - after pressing the '+' icon next to the text field  - literaly nothing happens, it just reverts to a blank field. I've tried everything i can think to do ! 

1 Reply

Re: Attaching a doc to what's app /dropbox

Dropboxer
Hey there @Iansc,

Just to make sure we are on the same page, can you clarify for me the exact steps you are taking to attach the file, and which OS your device is? Also, are you wanting to share a link to the file, or attach the file itself into the chat?

If you are wanting to attach the file itself, can you follow the steps here to export the file. When exporting, if you do not see the option to export to WhatsApp directly, you will have the option to save the file to your device. Choosing this should allow you to the attach the file through whatsapp from where you save it to.

Otherwise, if you want to share a link so others can view and download the file if needed, than you can simply share a link to the file in the chat.

Let me know that extra info if you're still having issues - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Mobile

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

How can I attach a Dropbox file into a WhatsApp chat?
1 Reply
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post