cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to Clear or Remove the Recent file list in mobile apps

How to Clear or Remove the Recent file list in mobile apps

Swe T.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I want to clear all the Recent file list, there has no clear function please advise how to clear the list.
Thanks & regards

Swe Tin

310 Replies 310

Tracy C.8
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

A "Recents" view is to be added to the Android OS soon. A simple means of disabling or easily clearing this view will be expected by users. 

Swe T.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Why only in Android OS, why not for iOS? I am using iPhone all round. Very much appreciate it will be  update to iOS also. Please. I requested this feature quite a long time ago.

Thanks & best regards 

Aaron W.14
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I want to also petition for an immediate upgrade to at the very least clear this recent tab. It's the default view when opening the app and I use Dropbox for privacy. I don't need my kids seeing the private files and pictures that are popping up on the recent tab so I will be forced to use a different app. Please make this a priority.

Albert G.6
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

This is clearly a pain. It just confirms that I am right to get away from dropbox.

Albert G.6
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

And to make the matter worse, deleting a file does not remove it from the recent list: that is even more of an issue. Removing a file means exactly this: remove it, get rid of it! It should not appear anywhere - certainly not on the "recents" list.

Jeremy G.3
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Yes, please include both an option to get rid of the "Recents" tab and an option to clear it. How could you think it's okay to add this feature without either of those options? Now I can't use Dropbox in front of other people.

Fevil P.
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

PLEASE create a way to clear recents or im leaving dropbox

Aharon M.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution
option of clear recent file list it is needed for sure. thanks

Mike S.25
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Very disapointed in dropbox i dont like the fact that recents cant be cleared maybe its time to move from dropbox

L L.4
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

@Albert G.

I had the same problem you have. Signing out and signing back in on the iOS app should remove the deleted file from the recent list. I consider this a workaround, not a solution for something that the dropbox team needs to code.

Need more support?