cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to Clear or Remove the Recent file list in mobile apps

How to Clear or Remove the Recent file list in mobile apps

Swe T.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I want to clear all the Recent file list, there has no clear function please advise how to clear the list.
Thanks & regards

Swe Tin

310 Replies 310

D M.6
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Marie, you stated that "the files that appear in your Dropbox are files that are anyway stored in your account". That's not true. I deleted a file from my Dropbox, but it still appears in the recent file list. Also, since it still appears I can open up the file even though it shouldn't even exist.

Robert P.34
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Oh wow. I seriously can not believe the stupidity of this. When I open Dropbox (on my new phone - wasn't happening on my previous one), as a DEFAULT my recent files list opens - and I most certainly DO NOT WANT this list of files to be viewable.

There's no way to clear the list.

There's no way to NOT make Recents the default view that opens.

There's NO WAY I'm continuing to use dropbox on my phone, and there's NO WAY I'm renewing my subscription if this idiotic flaw isn't fixed before my renewal is due.

Wow. I can't believe this issue has been around for six months without it being fixed. Just... wow.

Harry A.2
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

This post is more than 6 month old. Any progress? Dropbox people???

Should be a simple fix if one is interested to keep their customers

DK1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

The best (only) way I've found to "clear" a recent entry is to rename the folder in which the file you accessed is housed. I guess the renaming process breaks the audit trail and the recently accessed file is this cleared from the Recent list. 

Dimitri V.
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Got the same problem.

It not only shows the recently added or modified files.

BUT it also shows the recently watched files. And this is something I really don't want.

In short I don't even want the recently list at all.....

Ondřej K.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Adding a feature without an option to disable it - that is so stupid (or simply Dropbox is forced by NSA to send them some logs from their users, so they came up with this crap :))

Eli M.2
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I have the same reservation about opening my dropbox either in front of people or at work, its no different than going on your web browser and the first thing you see is your recent history. I strongly dislike this feature. I would not only like to delete my recently viewed files but id like to have the choice of turning the feature off entirely. If this update doesnt roll out soon i may start using a different application for the time being, and end up just sticking with it indefinitely for convenience 

CO
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Obviously, many users dislike this feature. Why is this taking so long? I'm moving to Google Drive.

M H.4
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Give me a way to change the default folder. Dropbox probably has some self serving integrated future reason for defaulting to "recents", but this creates unnecessary hassle for users. It's also a personal privacy nightmare, especially for business, and even more so for long time users who are in the habit of opening dropbox in front of others/clients. Not a very well thought out mandatory, unnecessary change. Give users control!

Alan L.9
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

My Dropbox renewal is coming up and it looks like my business is going to sync.com, who aren't suffering from feature creep.

Need more support?