cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to Clear or Remove the Recent file list in mobile apps

How to Clear or Remove the Recent file list in mobile apps

Swe T.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I want to clear all the Recent file list, there has no clear function please advise how to clear the list.
Thanks & regards

Swe Tin

310 Replies 310

Lawrence C.3
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

June 3rd 2016....... in case i was to stupid to pay attention, is there yet any cure for the recent default in this god-forsaken app? No. Wow.... I guess I'm not the stupid one.

Joe R.14
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

DROPBOX. DOES. NOT. CARE.

Can we get OP to edit his original post?? Put that in BIG LETTERS so ANY ONE coming here expecting Dropbox to give a squat about its customers can simply just stop wasting their time, and find a competitor to go with. In fact, can we just point them to the "Who the best competitor to switch to" thread? I'll go create one...

If this isn't an official Dropbox forum, that should be no problem right?

William S.14
Not applicable
Go to solution

I posted a request to revoke rights from these so called super users so the interfering stops and dropbox has to make a start with listening.

https://www.dropboxforum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/206857926-Revoke-super-users-from-this-forum

Justin M.26
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Moving my service to box. My company is also looking to sign up 70 users to box, as well as us becoming a reseller due to the fact Dropbox don't care.

Choji S.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hey, I just noticed. Dropbox opens to Files view now. I've tried a few times. No longer defaults to Recents. I guess they listened!
Thanks guys.

Swe T.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Main problem is to clear the recent file list, not the default view. Even they change the default view still not able to clear the recently view file list. What we are requesting is similar to clear recycle bin or clear the history.

Martin B.51
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I'm adding my .02 .... This feature is a horrible decision for me. I've been a dropbox user for almost 10 years. Yesterday I had a choice to make Google Drive or Dropbox Pro. You guys just made that decision simple and easy. 

I understand the decision to try this and maybe I understand the decision to implement it. BUT when you have user after user giving the very clear reasons why we dont like this, why stay with it ?? Is it worth your reputation ? Is it worth all the hard work you put into being a pioneer in the consumer cloud storage space ? 

It's time to let go of the egos and listen to your users, before you lose more. 

- Martin

Tom M.49
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Yes,  it appears that default behavior is changed.   Now opening Dropbox puts you in the file view last used,  which will naturally be FILES for serious users. And you can still use RECENTS in those rare events you ever need to. 

Thanks Dropbox 

Steven L.10
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Thanks? No Sir. The issue is not the initial default view. It is the view itself and not being able to clear it or disable it.

To me this is just the development team staying to costumers, let us tell you what you want, We want you to like what is the easiest thing for us to implement. Now shhh ...

Haris K.2
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Plus, I don't know how the "default behaviour" has changed, I open my android and by default it's always go to the recent. I have the most up to date version and I waited a few days to make sure not update was coming.

Nop, nothing changed, if I worked a sensitive document recently, people with visual access to my screen when I open my dropbox app will see it.

it's been how long now, 6 month this issue... let's see how much longer will it take...

Need more support?