cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you on accessibility tools and features for Dropbox - get involved in the conversation here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to Clear or Remove the Recent file list in mobile apps

How to Clear or Remove the Recent file list in mobile apps

Swe T.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I want to clear all the Recent file list, there has no clear function please advise how to clear the list.
Thanks & regards

Swe Tin

310 Replies 310

Bliss G.
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Howwwwwwww is this still ignored???????
Why, Dropbox?? Why???

Dforster2016
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
EXACTLY !! This is a very important violation of privacy, and I've seen numerous requests for this !! Dropbox needs to make this a NUMBER # 1 enhancement. Allow users to clear or Turn OFF recents !!!!!!!!!

Bliss G.
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Dropbox, will you just give an answer then lock the thread at least so you don't have all these thousands of pissed off customers?

slobyaem
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Still waiting for an answer from Dropbox team

AkPaparazzi
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

Theres are answer - we need to delete everything we have in dropbox.  Just heard it is not removed even if it is deleted.  THIS IS THEFT.  Permission to steal you private documents must be in the fine print - WE ALL NEED TO DELETE EVERYTHING and find a new service that is professional and private.

AkPaparazzi
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

Glad this works for you, I use my dropbox on a professional level.  I uploaded 2,000 photos the other day.  Dont have the time to do this with every file. Conveluted and Unexceptable that DropBox will not provide a quality product with trying to extort more money.  It is truly the lowest form of hatred that I give this violation of my privacy.  Anyone found a replacement to DropBox yet?  I will pay double what I spend on dropbox if I can keep my data privat and not have to fight with this school yard setup. 

OutSideTheBox
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Do a search, there are a couple out there and you can set up your own cloud with "NextCloud" or "OwnBox"

They are free open source solutions that you can host yourself or host on a hosting service such as Siteground.com ( Recommended) http://siteground.com  My opinion based on lots of experience- SiteGround is hands down the best hosting service available.

They have auto installs for both Nextcloud and owncloud as well as Joomla, wordpress and a bunch of other solutions.

http://nextcloud.com/   and   https://owncloud.com/

AkPaparazzi
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

Thank you very much I am on it.  Just found out what is going on.  DropBox is trying to get more money out of us for the same service. I can delete the stuff I dont want as long as I update/pay more for the same product. Thank you OutSideTheBox for a great tip - I'm out-of-here, waste of money waste of time.  May have to call for legal advice to get my private documents deleted from this site for good.

EXTORTIONEXTORTION

Martin G.21
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
It's been more than a year and this most basic security feature isn't implemented -- what's up ??

OutSideTheBox
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I am currently using DropBox but also  NextCloud - ( which is basically OwnCloud ) 

Hope one of those solutions works for you. If you decide to go to a hosting service I mentioned SiteGround but I did not tell you why. A couple of reasons, they are vigorously proactive on security,  - auto updates and hardware upgrades.  They recently upgraded all of their servers to solid state drives.

Let us know how it works out for you.

-  Caspian

Need more support?