cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't see Dropbox as an available location in the Files app. Why?

I don't see Dropbox as an available location in the Files app. Why?

billspears
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am using ios12.1.4 and Dropbox 136.2.2. Dropbox doesn't have the passcode enabled but nevertheless does not show up as a location in the files app. FileBrowserGo does, so something is working, but why not Dropbox?  Is there a workaround?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@billspears wrote:

No, it just gives me iCloud Drive, On my iPod (File Browser Go and Garage Band), and Recently deleted (empty).  No Dropbox.

If Dropbox isn't listed as an available location after tapping on Edit, uninstall and reinstall the Dropbox app. Note that if you do, any files or folders you had marked as available offline will need to be marked as such again.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Not applicable
Go to solution
From the main Browse menu of Files, press Edit at the top-right. It should now show all available locations and you should be able to turn Dropbox on. Does that work?

billspears
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks for the quick response.  No, it just gives me iCloud Drive, On my iPod (File Browser Go and Garage Band), and Recently deleted (empty).  No Dropbox.

Not applicable
Go to solution
Could you send a screenshot once you press Edit? Would like to see if there are any differences showing between our two Files app.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@billspears wrote:

No, it just gives me iCloud Drive, On my iPod (File Browser Go and Garage Band), and Recently deleted (empty).  No Dropbox.

If Dropbox isn't listed as an available location after tapping on Edit, uninstall and reinstall the Dropbox app. Note that if you do, any files or folders you had marked as available offline will need to be marked as such again.

billspears
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This fixed it. Previously the edit button in Files wasn't showing anything else than the displayed locations.  Now it shows Dropbox and I can select it.  Thanks a lot, also to gregoc who had the right idea.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

billspears New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
    anonymous Not applicable
What do Dropbox user levels mean?