cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

I'm working on an iOS 9 device that I can't update anymore. Can I still use Dropbox?

Hello, i'm on a 4S which is upgraded to the max. So i can't update anymore. Please stop sending me:
"The version of the Dropbox mobile app running on one or more of your devices is outdated. Unfortunately, these versions are no longer officially supported by Dropbox and will stop working properly. Any device using the outdated app will be signed out of your Dropbox account."

I do not agree with this, i'm a paying customer and i need the app in everyday life.

Tags (2)
3 Replies

Re: I'm working on an iOS 9 device that I can't update anymore. Can I still use Dropbox?

Dropboxer
Hey @cantupdateon4S, thanks for choosing Dropbox & checking in with us on the Community! 

I understand that this may not be ideal to you at the moment, however it would be worth noting that Dropbox should work on iOS 10 or later according to our minimum system requirements

While it seems that you can’t update this specific device, all your files are still available through other compatible computers with supported operating systems, through supported mobile devices, and on the Dropbox website.

Nevertheless, I appreciate it that you took the time to drop us a line here on the matter; I’m always here if you have more questions or thoughts!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Re: I'm working on an iOS 9 device that I can't update anymore. Can I still use Dropbox?

Level 2

Hi there

Have used Drop Box for a few years and just checked it out again - heaps fo improvements - have more than one Drop Box account using 2 different mail adresses and am using the App on my Ipad and Iphone as well.

Looks good to me, all in all and will certainly find out more ...

Happy boxing

peblogger

Dropboxer

Hey @peblogger, I appreciate it that you took a bit of your time to drop us a line here; happy to hear you’re enjoying our iphone makeover! Stay tuned on the latest news & feel free to ping us here for more #DropboxTips&Tricks. Take care until we talk again! nerd face

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Mobile

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

I'm working on an iOS 9 device that I can't update anymore. Can I still use Dropbox?
3 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post