Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

I need help with an open support ticket

Level 7

I need help. I submitted a support issue and the person assigned to it is incompetent. How do I get this issue assigned to someone who has a pulse?

No bluetooth connection - its an Apple Smart Keyboard!!!

Ticket - 8649167

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Jake, Dec 13, 3:44 PM PST:

Hi Pete,

I hope my email finds you well. 

Thank you for getting back to me with that requested screenshot. 

After further investigating the issue at hand, it has come to my attention that the issue that you have in relation to recognition of your Smart Keyboard with entering a password into Dropbox is either a network or device issue.

I understand that you have access to use the keyboard with other applications as you did mention this in your initial email, but from the screenshot you had sent I cannot see a connected device in the Bluetooth bar on your screen, and must inform you to take a look at the device settings and clarify that Dropbox is enabled for use. 

Furthermore, you can try and use a different network to see if that works out for you either, but due to the fact that this issue is not Dropbox related, I cannot offer precise troubleshooting steps, but merely suggestions to try and help you solve your issue. 

I hope that this helped, and if you have anymore Dropbox questions, feel free to email in!

Regards,
Jake

Pete Gladstein, Dec 12, 12:46 PM PST:

> On Dec 12, 2018, at 12:34 PM, Jake (Dropbox Support) <support@dropbox.zendesk.com> wrote:
>
> ##- Please type your reply above this line -##
> Ticket #8649167: DB: Unable to Enter Password <https://dropbox.zendesk.com/hc/requests/8649167>
> You can add a response by replying to this email.
>
> Please be sure to reply with the same email address that you used to originally contact us.
>
>
>
> Jake, Dec 12, 12:34 PM PST:
> Hi Pete,
>
> Thank you for getting back to me with that additional information.
>
> I was initially under the impression that the keyboard was not working for Dropbox in its entirety, and not just the password screen.
>
> Can you please send me a screenshot of the problem so I can investigate further?
>
> After you have replied back with the screenshot, I will be more than glad to help you out further with this.
>
> Just get back to me whenever you're ready and we'll proceed from there.
>
> Thanks in advance for your reply!
>
> Warm Regards,
> Jake
>
>
>
>
> Pete Gladstein, Dec 11, 11:18 AM PST:
> Hi Jake,
>
> My smart keyboard works with Dropbox on my 11” iPad Pro as I can change file names, etc. However, it does NOT work when trying to enter a password for an office password protected doc. As stated, this is easy to recreate per my original email. Kindly, reread my original email and recreate.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Pete
>
>
>
> Jake, Dec 11, 10:57 AM PST:
> Hi Pete,
>
> Thank you for contacting Dropbox Support, my name is Jake and I'll be more than happy to assist you.
>
> From the information that you provided, it is to my understanding that Dropbox is not registering your smart keyboard from the recent iPad pro that had come out.
>
> Currently, this may be due to the settings for your device not recognizing the Dropbox application. If not however, what I will do for you is send this to my development team personally so that they can look at implementing this in the next update.
>
> Apologies for the inconveniences, but I hope that this helped, and if you have anymore Dropbox questions, feel free to email in!
>
> With that being said, I hope that you have a wonderful day and a great week ahead!
>
> Regards,
> Jake
>
>
>
> Pete Gladstein, Dec 10, 1:53 PM PST:
> My iPad - I have 11" iPad Pro with a smart keyboard.
>
> I have several word and excel docs that are password protected. In order to open these docs I need to enter a password. However, I can't enter a password from the smart keyboard. If I disconnect the smart keyboard and use the soft keyboard then I can enter the password.
>
> This issue is easy to recreate - steps to recreate
> 1) Create word or excel doc and password protect.
> 2) Add to Dropbox
> 3) Close Dropbox on iPad
> 4) Open Dropbox on iPad
> 5) Open password protected doc and try to enter password
>
> Note - This issue is relative to NEW 11" iPad Pro with smart keyboard not previous generation. This is a Dropbox issue because smart keyboard works with all other apps.
>

2 Replies

Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hi Pete, since you’ve already got an open ticket with them, I can only recommend going back to the agent in question as they have access to the necessary tools to investigate.

As I was typing this, I can see you have already replied to the ticket. From there they will continue to investigate.

However, I have prioritized the ticket by linking it to this forum thread, and have made the agent aware of your comments.

Additionally, we don’t tolerate threatening, harassing, or bullying of users, or indeed our own agents. Just as we respect you during the troubleshooting, since I can’t see any sign that the agent was abusive to you in the emails, we expect the same in return.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Level 7

Jay,

Thanks for responding. This is very frustrating. I explained the issue and I provided steps to reproduce. This has happened before. I requested - please reread my initial issue. Very frustrating. I will pursue a non dropbox workaround.

Pete

Mobile

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

I need help with an open support ticket
2 Replies
1 Like
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post