cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Submit your story to win a $25 Amazon gift card and a Dropbox hoodie! Ends Nov. 16
Known issues updated Learn more
3 Comments
0 Likes
Highlighted
Level 3

IOS shortcuts with multiple accounts

I’ve been creating shortcuts on iOS 12 that run with a few Dropbox actions. The problem I’m having is that the shortcut cannot differentiate between my personal Dropbox account and my business Dropbox account. I’m logged into both on my iPhone app and when I run a shortcut that copies file into a certain folder, it will put it into the file structure of whichever account was last active in the app. I want it to go into a specific account every time.

I’ve tried putting “personal” at the beginning of the file path, but that doesn’t seem to be the correct word. Has anyone had any experience with this yet? 64A77C0D-5762-4EBF-ACE8-7BC0C8C15F2E.jpeg

3 Replies
Dropboxer

Re: IOS shortcuts with multiple accounts

Hey there @EvanGBC - could you please let me know if you're running the latest version of our mobile app for our iOS users - currently 120.2? 

Also, how and where are you creating those shortcuts to begin with? 

Thanks in advance for your reply and please include as much information as possible to help our investigation. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 3

Hi Walter, yes I am running 120.2 and it doesn’t seem to give any way to select a particular Dropbox account using a shortcut.

I’m attaching another screenshot that shows the current controls for saving a file to Dropbox using shortcuts. This is in the Apple Shortcuts app that’s available to use with iOS 12. As you’ll see, I can input a “destination path” for saving the file, but there’s no variable that determines what to do when using multiple Dropbox accounts on one device.

I guess I could foresee needing one of two options: either a) there should be another input item that allows you to select the account, or b) there should be a way to include the account in the destination path, similar to the way user folders work on a desktop computer (/users/name/folder/file name)

Apologies for not knowing the exact language to describe what I’m getting at.IMG_3044.PNG

Dropboxer

Thanks for the additional information @EvanGBC - most appreciated.

As this software is developed by Apple, I think the best way to get assistance on this would be to reach out to them directly at this point as I am not sure what path is this message referring to to be honest. 

Also, does this happen if you unlink your accounts on this mobile device? 

In any case, please keep me posted on your findings please.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Mobile

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help you find an answer!
You won’t have to wait too long for a reply, but why not learn more about the Community while you’re here.

Not the right discussion for you? Find out what else our Community has to say about Mobile.

Or, search our Help Center for even more.

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post