cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

Iphone 4 ios 7 unable to download latest Version 4.2.5 it keep forcing me to go on ios8 but my ph does not support ios8 need solution

Level 1

5 Replies

Re: Iphone 4 ios 7 unable to download latest Version 4.2.5 it keep forcing me to go on ios8 but my ph does not support ios8 need solution

Super User alumni

I'm afraid the minimum requirements are IOS8, so there is no solution - you can use the website or any third party app which integrates with Dropbox which doesn't require IOS8 however.

https://help.dropbox.com/desktop-web/system-requirements

Re: Iphone 4 ios 7 unable to download latest Version 4.2.5 it keep forcing me to go on ios8 but my ph does not support ios8 need solution

Dropboxer

Hi there,

You can still download the Dropbox for iOS app on older iOS versions. Version 4.2.2 is available for iOS 7, and version 2.3.2 is available for iOS 6 and lower in the App Store.

Search for Dropbox in the App Store on an iOS 6/7 device and tap Download. The App Store will start the download and then prompt "Download an older version of this app? The current version requires iOS 8/9 or later, but you can download the last compatible version." The options will be to either "Cancel" or "Download."

If you have never previously installed Dropbox using this Apple ID, the App Store may not prompt you to download the older version (4.2.2 for iOS 7, 2.3.2 for iOS 6). Instead, you will only see an error "This application requires iOS 8/9 or later. You must update to iOS 8/9 in order to download and use this application." There are two workarounds in this case:

- If you have another iOS 8/9 device, you can install Dropbox on that device. Once installed, you can then go to the App Store on your iOS 6/7 device to install and will then be prompted to download the older version.

- You can use iTunes on a computer to download Dropbox. This will download the incompatible iOS 8/9 version onto your device. Once that is complete, you can go onto the App Store on your mobile device and re-download Dropbox, and this time will be prompted for the older version (because now the app has been previously installed for that Apple ID account).

Hope this helps!

Level 1

Thanks a lot bro, this helped me a lot. The itunes trick worked for me. Just install the app throught itunes than delete it from your phone and redownload from app store on ur phone again.

Level 2

Thank you very much Bruce. Your solution has been perfect. And what it is better, the way you explain for installing the appropriate (old) version of Dropbox for IOS 7 can be applied for any other application having the same problem (at least it has worked with WPS (office app) and Adobe Reader).

Re: Iphone 4 ios 7 unable to download latest Version 4.2.5 it keep forcing me to go on ios8 but my p

Level 2
Why my iphone 4 cannot download ios 8/9 apps they that they can download the last compatible version app i try in purchase then i download youtube but it need ios 8....it only "ok" Help me please.....😭😭😭😭😢
Mobile

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Iphone 4 ios 7 unable to download latest Version 4.2.5 it keep forcing me to go on ios8 but my ph does not support ios8 need solution
5 Replies
14 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post