Did you mean: 

Text editor on iPhone app missing

SOLVED
8 Comments
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Level 2

Text editor on iPhone app missing

What happened with the text editor in the update to version 74.2 on the iPhone?
1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Level 2

Re: Text editor on iPhone app missing

it appears like there’s a problem with the text file I was trying to edit, it still works with my other text files.
8 Replies
Super User

Not sure what you're referring to? Are you saying you cannot edit text files or something in the text editor changed? Can you be more specific, please?
Level 2

Before the aforementioned update I was able to open a text file in dropbox app on my iPhone and edit it, since the update I can open and view it but I can’t edit it.
Super User

Interesting. I don't seem to have that issue and I'm on 74.2.2. Have you tried the basics like restarting the app and/or the device? Can you make a new text file from your computer and try to edit it on the device?

Just in case, the edit button is on the bottom left when viewing a text file. Do you see that at least?
Solution
Level 2

it appears like there’s a problem with the text file I was trying to edit, it still works with my other text files.
Super User

Rock on.
Level 2

On the text file in question the edit button doesn’t show up. Thanks for your help.
Dropboxer

Hi Half,

Depending on the encoding of the text file we may not support editing on it.

------------------------------
iOS Engineer @ Dropbox
Level 2

Hi Maple,

Great feature with a text editor in Dropbox!

However, quite a few of my .txt files are not editable. Are there any plans to enhance the support for more encodings, so that more .txt versions, so to speak, are editable?