Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

Unable to export file/photo/document to Dropbox mobile app w/o a recipient

I am unable to export a file, photo or document from any other iOS app to the Dropbox app when using the most recent iOS version (v132.2.2).

For example, when viewing a photo in the Photos app and selecting it for sharing to the Dropbox app, the share sheet opens with the photo visible and a prompt to select the "save to" destination. I can successfully configure this destination but the 'Post' button at the top right of the share sheet remains disabled when no content is entered into the required 'to' field.

There does not seem to be a way to share a document or file from another app to the Dropbox app using the share sheet without also specifying a recipient. Is this a bug/glitch or a feature that has yet to be fully implemented?

I can't imagine why a recipient must be added for a simple and private document share to Dropbox.

3 Replies

Re: Unable to export file/photo/document to Dropbox mobile app w/o a recipient

Super User II

Don't use the Dropbox icon in the top row. Use the Save to Dropbox icon in the second row. The first one is intended for sharing with another person (it shares the file and emails the recipient). The Save to Dropbox icon in the second row is the one that allows you to save files to Dropbox.

Thank you -- this resolved the issue however I had to manually enable the 'Save to Dropbox' toggle in the second row of the share sheet. This should really enabled by default to help aid discovery of this feature.

Super User II

@domino_user_12 wrote:

This should really enabled by default to help aid discovery of this feature.

That's likely something that Apple doesn't allow an app to control.

Mobile

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Unable to export file/photo/document to Dropbox mobile app w/o a recipient
3 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post