cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does the iOS app pause when syncing over WiFi?

Why does the iOS app pause when syncing over WiFi?

Michael R.106
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I have to keep opening the app to restart the sync. Why is this required when on WiFi?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Why does the app stop uploading even when the Background App Refresh is turned on?

Because Apple only allows background apps 10 minutes of execution time before being forcefully suspended.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Mariedb
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi Michael, 

The Dropbox app will only sync your files when it finds an internet connection. 

If you are looking to upload your mobile photos when the app is backgrounded, then you will need to enable that in the app. 

To do this, follow these steps: 

- Go to the 'Settings' of your phone

- Go to 'Camera Uploads'

- Enable background upload

If you have more questions, don't hesitate to post them here 🙂 

Michael R.106
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I should have been more clear. Background upload is enabled. I am connected to WiFi. If I have, say, 50 photos to upload, it starts uploading. I minimize the app and start other things. A few minutes later I get a notification that DropBox has paused the upload, and to restart, I must open the app. I do that and see that 6 or 8 or 10 pics have uploaded, and when I open the app, it restarts. I go back to doing other things. A few unites later, same notification. I have to keep reopening the app the make it restart.

Michael

Jorge M.14
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hi... I've experienced something similar. Last night I selected a 6 min video to be uploaded and I went to sleep. This morning the video had not been uploaded yet. The video must be, maybe some 780 Mb. 

Why does the app stop uploading even when the Background App Refresh is turned on?

Thanks!

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Because Apple only allows background apps 10 minutes of execution time before being forcefully suspended.

Apasara C.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Richard R. 

Thank you for answer. 

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Apasara C. New member | Level 1
    Rich Super User II
    Jorge M.14 New member | Level 1
    Michael R.106 New member | Level 1
    Mariedb Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?