Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

“exporting file” dialogue won’t disappear

Level 3

I'm having a Dropbox problem, or more an annoyance I guess.  My device is an iPhone XR.  When using the Dropbox export function to import an mp3 file into a podcast program, the "Exporting File" dialogue remains forever.  There's no recovery from it other than to quit Dropbox.  

It exports the file OK, but in order to use Dropbox again I have to quit it and restart.  It never used to do that even on this phone, and it remains a problem after updating Dropbox just today 03/13/19.  

Thanks for any help or advice you can offer on this.

6 Replies

Re: “exporting file” dialogue won’t disappear

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hi Gary, could you try deleting the mobile app, rebooting your phone, and then re-installing it to see if the behavior occurs again?

Thanks in advance!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 3

Thanks for the suggestion and I should have thought to do that first on my own.  However, after doing that the problem remains.  slightly frowning face

Gary

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Thanks for the info, although the file exports fine, could you try using a different WiFi network, or cellular data, when exporting to see if this difference clears the message somehow?

Jay

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Level 3

No, same behavior regardless of wifi or cellular. 

Additional details as to exactly what I'm doing:  Dropbox export function brings up iPhone choices dialogue.  I choose "open in...." , and from there the phone gives the option to "copy to iCatcher!", which is my preferred podcast app.  Several different mp3 files from different sources all get the same persistent "Exporting File" Dropbox dialogue.  

It's always worked fine in the past doing the same things on different wifi networks and cellular.  Perhaps a conflict specifically between Dropbox and iCatcher! that has developed somewhere along the update lines?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Two last things to check for me, if you export the MP3 to another app, do you get the same behavior as with iCatcher? Was there any recent update to the iCatcher app?

If the issue persists, would it be okay if we reach out to your email address associated to your forum profile to investigate further?

Jay

Level 3

Hi Jay,

I exported an mp3 to iMovie and another app called "Voicerecorder".  The Dropbox "exporting file" dialogue remained in both cases.   Looks like iCatcher! was last updated about 2 months ago, and I really couldn't say for sure exactly when I first noticed the dialogue remaining.  

Yes, that would be fine to contact me via my email. 

Thanks for your time and effort,

Gary 

Mobile

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

“exporting file” dialogue won’t disappear
6 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post