cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS Files App Favorites Folder Disappear

iOS Files App Favorites Folder Disappear

FrankieT
Helpful | Level 5

On both my iPad and my iPhone, when I mark a folder from Dropbox or any other cloud service as a “Favorite”, it shows up in my favorite list in the Files app, but if I switch apps or close the files app, when I reopen it, the folder disappears from the favorites list.  

130 Replies 130

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Hey @sjm88, sorry to hear about your experience with this.

I wasn’t able to locate a ticket from my end, so I’ve contacted you directly to the email address associated with your Community profile so as to further investigate. Please check your inbox for my latest message and we’ll take it from there. 

Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Gigglegunner
New member | Level 2

I’ve got the same issue. Was there a workaround this?

Mtully1983
Explorer | Level 3
I’m having the same issue. Is there a way to address this?

Chfilm
Helpful | Level 5

My personal solution: Switch to icloud completely in the fall when they'll implement folder sharing. I'm tired of this lazy dropbox support.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Hey everyone, thank you all for your reports and updates on this throughout!

I’ve relayed your comments to our team. They are aware of the behavior and are looking into it. 

Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation on the matter! 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

lscline
Explorer | Level 4

Hi, just wanted to add that I'm having this problem too, not only with the Files app itself, but with any app that uses the Files app interface framework to access/browse files on iOS.  Dropbox appears to be the only cloud service affected in this way.

nathanalf
Helpful | Level 5

Same exact issue on my end. Long hold on folder or file in the files app, select favorite. On the "browse" tab it appears under the favorites category. Leave the app and return, and it is missing. Go back to folder and you can no longer unfavorite so it is stuck.

Have been having this issue for over a year. Would love for it to finally be fixed.

Archtool
Explorer | Level 4

Me too!

cnek
Helpful | Level 6

I had the same problem and with input from apple support tech, I figured out how to get around issue and all is good. 

First, move the Dropbox (or any other cloud-based folder) into the favorites of the files app. THEN, click edit at the top and uncheck Dropbox. Minimize and then unminimize the files app; click edit and reconnect Dropbox again. Magically whatever you inserted into favorites you will immediately see populate. This also works if you want to change the positioning of a folder within favorites. Just move the folder in favorites to the position you want (for example at the top or bottom of the list) by clicking on edit, etc. Then go through the same process listed above.

Chfilm
Helpful | Level 5
Doesn’t work for me.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

cjcornell Helpful | Level 5
    vibrans Helpful | Level 6
    MWB Explorer | Level 4
    Wissamkahi New member | Level 2
    CaptSpalding Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?