cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Known issues updated. Learn more

Help us improve our online support experience by taking our short survey!

no

Highlighted

iOS email wont allow file from Dropbox to attach

Level 2

Using the latest version of iOS 12.1.3, I am unable to attach certain files/docs from Dropbox to my iOS email.   It allows me to see the file in Dropbox and select it, but it spins and spins indicating it’s downloading the file.  The file never downloads though.  

I can do the same process on my iPhone using the same iOS and same Dropbox account without problem.  

Thanks for any help.....

1 Reply

Re: iOS email wont allow file from Dropbox to attach

Dropboxer
Hey Chris (@ChrisHill), thanks for reporting this on our Community. Now, I’ve seen two similar discussions specific to an iPad (eg. kindly have a look here & here) & it makes me think that there could’ve been an issue we’d need to investigate in more depth. Are you facing this issue on an iPad perchance? 

From there, can you download the files as expected through the Dropbox mobile app? Would you mind including a step-by-step description of the steps leading to this discrepancy, so as to check back on the results I’m seeing on my end? I’d also appreciate a screenshot (omitting personal info), so as to better determine what's happening. 

Thanks for taking the time to gather this info for me & I’ll be awaiting your next message on this conversation. Have a great day until we talk again Chris!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Mobile

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

iOS email wont allow file from Dropbox to attach
More about this post
1 Reply
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post