Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

ios 11 files not open

Level 4

Dropbox does not open in files app in ios 11 because i use the lock password.(touch ID protection)

any solution?

13 Replies

Re: ios 11 files not open

Super User II

You cannot use Dropbox within Files if Dropbox is protected with a passcode.

2017-09-25 09.04.22.pngPasscode protected Dropbox within Files

Dropboxer
Hey again, @Anjo

@Rich is right… for now you’ll have to disable the passcode feature in order for Files to be able to access Dropbox content.

Our team is constantly working on improving our app, and your feedback is invaluable to that process. Keep it comin’ winking face

Thanks! 

Sanchez
Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 4
Let see if dropbox can make a solution about it then.

Level 5
Having to disable the passcode is pretty ridiculous. Seeing as I had to enter a secondary code after logging into this forum just to register, requiring users to disable the passcode for our entire Dropbox is really hypocritical. Also, the exciting blurb accompanying the update allowing the use of Files app doesn’t mention this requirement. I can see why...

Level 2

You just need to disable the passcode!

Super User II
Remember to direct any dissatisfaction towards Apple, as the Files app is their creation. Dropbox wouldn't have anything to do with it, or how it works. It's Apples requirement that your Dropbox passcode be removed; not Dropbox's.

Level 5
Obviously didn’t read my post.

Level 5
Don’t necessarily disagree with you however I think DP should have added a note to their joyous update notes so users would be aware and that it was or wasn’t an Apple issue.

Level 2

This is dissappointing given that I have Microsoft OneDrive, Google Drive both installed, both secured with a passcode and they work seamlessly with iOS 11 Files. Its only Dropbox that 'dropped' the ball on this one. Copy some code guys and make it work properly

Mobile

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

ios 11 files not open
13 Replies
9 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post