cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uploading to dropbox from a Xiaomi Redmi 4A

uploading to dropbox from a Xiaomi Redmi 4A

Kev B.1
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I've been trying to get it to auto upload or sync with my account, but unlike my earlier Samsungs, I can't find how to do it.

I have a full account, and the app is on my phone and PC.

Kev

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Kev B.1, thanks for your detailed reply & the screenshots... 

Hmmm... :thinking: Sounds odd! Would you mind uninstalling the application & re-installing once & see if this helps you enable the feature correctly? 

If you're still unable to turn Camera Uploads on, please keep me updated here, since we'll need to investigate further!
Thanks!  

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
To get auto upload to work you'll need to make sure you have a Dropbox app installed on your phone. Have you installed one yet for an app store?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Kev B.1
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Yes as I already said I have the app installed.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
You said you had an app, you didnt say it was Dropbox's own. Samsung are very well known for adding their own versions of the apps which are often bug ridden. Its possible other manufacturers do the same.

So, now if its not working we need some info as to WHY it isnt working - whats happening? How you trying to do it etc.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Kev B.1
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I said I had THE app, why would I come on here for help about another app?

I can make pictures upload if I do share, but otherwise nothing, whereas on my Samsung,  it just does it so I was wondering if I was missing something somewhere.

I probably need someone with the same phone for this as it's not a generic question.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Kev B.1

Thanks for posting your query on the Dropbox Community & welcome aboard! 

Have you followed these steps to enable the Camera Uploads feature on your new phone? You'll just have to look under "android" on this resource. 

Of course, I'm always here in case you need additional help, so keep me updated in your reply! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Kev B.1
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi Jane, yes I've done as you suggest, the phone app seems to be set up correctly, I've been using dropbox for about 3-4 years so quite familiar with the basics, I can manually send to dropbox a single picture, and it will drag any others from the same day with it, but it's not doing it automatically as it should.

I'm at a loss with this phone, no English manual I'm afraid, they did send a PDF, but it's not for this phone so make no sense.

I'm having trouble with a few apps not working as they have previously, 

This is the phone

https://www.geekbuying.com/item/Official-Global-Rom-XIAOMI-Redmi-4A--2-GB16GB-Smartphone---Gold-3768...

It seems to be quite good in all other respects.

Cheers Kev.

Kev B.1
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Another problem I'm having is I keep getting this message from Dropbox

" Hi Kev,

A new web browser just signed in to your Dropbox account. To help keep your account secure, let us know if this is you.

Is this you?
Where: Near Basildon, England, United Kingdom
When: Sep 20, 2017 at 9:41 am (GMT+00:00)
What: Chrome on Windows 10

I'm not in Basildon, but Leeds.

weilhuiz
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi Kev,

Can you tell us how does your setting look like? Does it say "Turn on camera uploads" or "Turn off camera uploads" under the "Camera uploads" section?

Thanks

Kev B.1
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

It says turn off, if I tap it it then says turn on, I've set it back to turn off now.

Kev

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Kev B.1 Explorer | Level 3
    Jane Dropbox Staff
    aasd3124 New member | Level 2
    weilhuiz Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?