Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

using other apps while transferring photos

Level 2

How can I use other apps while transferring photos from my phone to my computer? Whenever I switch from dropbox to another app or lock the screen,  it will stop loading. How can I lock my phone and it still keep loading?

Tags (1)
5 Replies

Re: using other apps while transferring photos

Dropboxer
Hey there @CorrinnaMc,

So I’m assuming that you are using the automatic Camera Uploads on your Dropbox mobile app to transfer the photos to your desktop, is that right? Can you let me know if you have background uploading enabled on your mobile Dropbox app, and if you have an iOS device please ensure that location services are enabled.

If I’ve misunderstood, please clarify the exact steps you are taking - Cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Level 2

Yes I have iOS 12.2 and I am not using the automatic camera uploads. I do not want my personal photos uploaded on my work computer.

Where can i check if i am using the background uploading option?

Dropboxer
Hey again @CorrinnaMc,

If you’re not using the Camera Uploads feature then please let me know what you’re referring to when you say you are transferring your photos. If you’re not using the automatic uploading then the background uploading doesn’t apply. 

If you are uploading the camera roll to your Dropbox mobile app manually then this should occur when the screen is locked or using another app without needing to apply any other settings.

Looking forward to hearing from you - Cheers! 

Daphne

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Level 2

I am using the camera upload. Im just doing it manually instead using the automatic but I can not use any other apps or lock my screen while they are loading to the computer. Is there another setting I can use?

Dropboxer

Are you perhaps closing the Dropbox app when you lock the screen or open another app? When you upload the photos into your account are you following the steps in the spoiler section below:

More information

1. Open the Dropbox app.
  2. Tap the + (plus) icon.
  3. Tap Upload photos.
  4. Find the files you want to upload, and tap to select them for upload.
    • A check mark indicates the file has been selected
  5. Tap Next to enter the Save Settings screen. Choose which folder your photos will upload to, or rename all photos at once:
    • To rename all photos at once, tap Rename All and enter the new name for your photos. Photos are then automatically numbered in the order in which they were added. You can tap and hold the three horizontal lines to the right of an image to reorder it.
    • Tap Confirm to return to the Save Settings screen
  6. Tap Upload.

If not, please clarify the exact steps you are taking to transfer the files so I can assist accurately - Thanks!

Daphne

Mobile

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

using other apps while transferring photos
5 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post