In need of some #MondayMotivation? Read more

Browser multi select photos

SOLVED
5 Comments
4 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 4

Browser multi select photos

On the Photos page, I want to select multiple ranges of photos. CTRL and SHIFT do not work, using the keyboard does not work, using the check marks or clicking next to the photos does not work, setting to a List view is not an option I can see.

How do I multi select in the browser?

I have used search here and Google, all answers I found to this question are related to older interfaces and not to the current Photos interface.

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Super User II

Re: Browser multi select photos

Camera Uploads is being used, yes.

That is unless you are a Business customer in which case there is no Camera Uploads feature and so they do not automatically upload.

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

5 Replies
Super User II

Make sure you are at www.dropbox.com/photos

Move your mouse over the photos and a check box appears

Click the check box and the rest of the images from the same day retain the box for you to select more. The selected photo then highlights in blue. 

Highlighting PhotosHighlighting Photos

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Level 4

Thanks for the reply! Just to make sure I understand you; there is no multi select and what you describe is just clicking all the check boxes, in my case 2700 clicks in stead of two clicks while holding shift, or do I misinterpret your answer?
Super User II

Sorry, yes, you are correct.

There is no multi-select.... I read it as you want to select multiple images NOT multiple at the same time.

One thing to remember though is that the photos page is just a page showing the photos from all over your Dropbox directories. So, if they are in one folder you can just edit/tweak them in there instead.

Level 4

Sounds good, but the Camera Uploads is not being used anymore right? I wonder where the automatically uploaded photos from my iPhone go at the moment.

Solution
Super User II

Camera Uploads is being used, yes.

That is unless you are a Business customer in which case there is no Camera Uploads feature and so they do not automatically upload.