In need of some #MondayMotivation? Read more

Bug in iOS file multiselect

SOLVED
7 Comments
2 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3

Bug in iOS file multiselect

I believe I found a bug on the iOS dropbox app. 

In the files tab select multiple photos ( three dots menu, tap "select", tap on multiple photos to select them).

Tap "move". Tap "select different folder". 

Say, you just realized, that you selected one photo which you do not want to move so you tap "cancel" and "cancel" again.

Now you should be able to deselect one photo and then move all the rest. Instead you will find the app in a mode, in which you can still select and deselect photos, but the actions "delete", "copy", "move"  have disappeared.

You now have to cancel the whole selection process  and start all over again. 

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Dropboxer

Re: Bug in iOS file multiselect

Hey @Koenono

Sure, in fact we advise users against posting videos here, so that we safeguard their personal information. Please raise a ticket with our team on our official support channel sending us your video and let me know a ticket ID here once you have done so, so that I locate it internally and have a colleague get on it as soon as possible. 

(Note: Please keep in mind that once you submit a ticket, you should be able to see your ticket number in the email heading that you receive soon after you "Submit" it, it should be a 7 digit number.)

Thanks in advance for your cooperation, I'll be awaiting your reply here! 

Warm regards, 
JaneA 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Accept as Solution White check mark if this post answers your question!
Kudos relieved face are always appreciated!! Rainbow

7 Replies
Dropboxer

@Koenono, welcome to our forum! 

Hey, I have just tried to duplicate this on our iPhone 6 Plus, and did not get the same result as you described (awesome step-by-step, by the way!). I did this twice, and both times I still had the options at the bottom: Delete Copy Move. 

Our device is on Dropbox app version 58.2.4, with iOS version 10.3.2. Can you check to see what versions you’re running, and let me know?

Thanks, and have a great week slightly smiling face

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly!
slightly smiling face

Level 3

Hi @Sanchez,

thanks for your picking this up.

I can only reproduce this Bug on the iPad not on the iPhone. There I am running Dropbox 58.2.4 on iOS 10.3.2

does this help?

cheers

Dropboxer

Hey @Koenono

Thanks for clarifying. I have just tested this out on our 10.3.1 iPad, running our 58.2.4, and did not have the issue. We have a newer release available, v60.2. Mind giving this a try, and letting me know? 

Thanks, and have a great weekend smiling face with sunglasses

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly!
slightly smiling face

Level 3

Hi,

I just updated to 60.2.4 and still have the problem. If you send me an email adress, I can send you a Video of the bug (it will show some pictures of mine, so I do not want it on the Internet).

Note that this only happens, when in the "files" mode, not in the "photos" mode.

The bug seems to happen, when I tap on "select different folder". In that moment the menu with "delete", "copy", "move" disappears and gets replaced with the main menu.
Solution
Dropboxer

Hey @Koenono

Sure, in fact we advise users against posting videos here, so that we safeguard their personal information. Please raise a ticket with our team on our official support channel sending us your video and let me know a ticket ID here once you have done so, so that I locate it internally and have a colleague get on it as soon as possible. 

(Note: Please keep in mind that once you submit a ticket, you should be able to see your ticket number in the email heading that you receive soon after you "Submit" it, it should be a 7 digit number.)

Thanks in advance for your cooperation, I'll be awaiting your reply here! 

Warm regards, 
JaneA 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Accept as Solution White check mark if this post answers your question!
Kudos relieved face are always appreciated!! Rainbow

Level 3

Hi @Jane

I just wanted to let you know that I raised a ticket as you told me to do. It is Ticket #6373475 and contains a videoof the bug.

Your colleague Ella passed it on to the development team.

Thanks for your support.

Cheers,

Koenono

Dropboxer

Hey @Koenono

Thanks for submitting the report. We really appreciate it slightly smiling face

Would you mind taking a minute of your time to fill out a survey sharing your experience using our Dropbox Community? You can access the survey here: http://bit.ly/2lNKIxT

Cheers! 

slightly smiling face