Did you mean: 

Camera pictures are not imported in Dropbox anymore on any of my computers

SOLVED
32 Comments
12 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3

Camera pictures are not imported in Dropbox anymore on any of my computers

I have the same problem as BarP's post (about 2 weeks ago)

I have 2 compouters (1PC/win7; 1 surface pro 4/win10).

Dropbox doesn't import camera's(Nikon D5500; SD card) pictures to them since last week.

I try to instal Stable Build 30.4.22 version, but dropbox will automaticlly upgrade to 31.4.25 version.

I never choose "Include me on early release", so I guess 31.4.25 version was deem a stable build version now?

I can't organize my photos for a week. please help me. thank you!

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Dropboxer

Re: Camera pictures are not imported in Dropbox anymore on any of my computers

The issue that prevented Camera Uploads from working on version 31 and later of the desktop client running on Windows has been fixed.

As mentioned, the fix should be automatically installed on affected computers, but it’s also available here. A restart of Dropbox may be necessary after the update takes place. Once the restart is complete, your camera uploads will resume and any pictures not synced will upload.

Apologies for any inconvenience this issue may have caused.
Positive vibe!
32 Replies
Level 3

Automatic camera upload stopped working

Since a few days, the automatic camera upload to Dropbox when I connect my smartphone to my laptop (Windows 10) does not work anymore. I reinstalled the desktop app several times, restarted the phone, unlinked and re-linked the app to my Dropbox account, but all this did not help. I have lots of free diskspace on my harddisk, and my Dropbox account has about 750 MB of space left. Does anyone have a suggestion about what to try next?

Super User II

Re: Camera pictures are not imported in Dropbox anymore on any of my computers

In terms of stable builds it is yes, any build which is in the format x.4.y is a stable. Betas are x.3.y.

I suggest logging a ticket with support if you believe its an issue thats been brought in on recent builds.

You can do that at www.dropbox.com/support and track at http://dropbox.zendesk.com

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Super User II

Re: Automatic camera upload stopped working

Which versions?

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Level 3

Dropbox 31.4.25 on the laptop (windows 10 with automatic updates). The phone is a Fairphone 1 with an Android 4.2 variant.

Super User II

There seems to be a few people reporting same so I'm going to merge this with another post to try and keep things together/build up some logs on whats going on

Dropboxer

Hey @cmid05 & @sjki61

I 'd be glad to look into that with you! 

Because it's my understanding that you 're both running the latest Dropbox desktop application, please ensure that you're running the latest version of your OS & the Dropbox application on your phone as well (56.2.2). For your convenience, I’m attaching the links below: 

Please keep me the results in your replies! 

Warm regards, 
JaneA

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Accept as Solution White check mark if this post answers your question!
Kudos relieved face are always appreciated!! Rainbow

Level 3

thank you @JaneA.
But my Camera pictures are in my memory card.
Level 4

Import of images and videos no longer works after update to 31.4.25

Four days ago the desktop app updated to stable bersion 31.4.25 in windows 7 64bit. Since then the import function from sd cards is not working. I have tried reseting the autoplay but the dropbox app is ignoring the autoplay. This bug was reported 3 weeks ago, apparently when the current stable version was stll in beta. https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Photos-and-videos/Camera-pictures-are-not-imported-in-Dropbox-anymor...

Level 2

Files no longer imported from SD card connected to PC into Camera Uploads

I have Dropbox installed on my Win 7 desktop PC. It used to be that I'd insert an SD card from my camera and the photos would be automatically imported into my Camera Uploads folder. Suddenly since about 5 days ago this is no longer happening. I insert the card, no popup message appears letting me know it's searching for my files and that they've been added. I check the Camera Uploads folder anyway and the new photos aren't there. I have to navigate to the card in Windows Explorer and then manually move the photos into the desired folder on my PC.

I did go into Preferences >Import and I have "Enable camera uploads for photos and videos" selected. I also checked the Autoplay settings in my Control Panel and "Import photos and videos using Dropbox" is selected for both pictures and video files..... So I have no idea what's going on. I can't think of anything I might have changed to make this happen. I thought maybe it was a space issue but I'm only using about 16% of my account.

If anyone has any idea how I could fix this and allow the photos to be automatically imported again I'd really appreciate it. Apologies if this has been addressed before but I did a search and nothing that was very relevant to my situation popped up (unless I missed soemthing...).