Did you mean: 

Camera pictures are not imported in Dropbox anymore on any of my computers

SOLVED
32 Comments
12 Kudos
Level 2

Re: Camera pictures are not imported in Dropbox anymore on any of my computers

same issue just started on monday with my win10 64bits
the import doesn't work (no pop up screen)

waiting for new update :(

Level 3

I am using V32.4.21 of Dropbox. I recently reinstalled it because it no longer imports photos and videos to Dropbox from my iPhone. It used to with all old versions, then it suddenly stopped. Autoplay is set up properly as is the app. Any ideas appreciated.

Level 6

Same problem here. Waiting for the new version now which will hopefully fix this. It worked fine until mid July. Now it no longer works.

Level 3

Glad it's not just me then. It's happened before but always seems to right itself with a clean install or turning off and on the Autoplay settings. This time no joy and my phone is running out of space. At this rate I'll just upload to OneDrive if it persists too much longer.

Level 2

Win7 camera uploads no longer working to Dropbox apps

I have a Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit PC. It has Dropbox app installed and setup to auto upload to "camera uploads" area.

It was all working until about 2 weeks ago. 

I am not sure if any updates have occurred or Dropbox updates has been applied to the pc since it stopped working, but my hunch is that a Dropbox update has been installed (And now running 32.4.21) and is now broken.

Can I download and roll back to a previous version of the dropbox application.

Is there somewhere I can download a previous version?

I have followed the DropBox forum recommendations - Dropbox client app is the latest version. (32.4.21)

I've tried a system restore to a point in time when the computer used to work.

I also tired un-installing and re-installing the DropBox app. (Latest version)

I've checked the auto-start options and enabled the option for "dropbox app" - and with the preferences in DropBox app - tried "photo's only" and "photos and video".

Upon connecting a USB, camera or similar device to the pc with pictures, the auto upload does NOT work with the DROPBOX app. It does auto start ok for other options in the auto start and prompts accordingly.

But does not start or connect with the local dropbox app anymore. It used to upload the photos directly to the "camera uploads" folder.

It used to work, and now no longer works.

It appears to be related to the Dropbox app, an update that has occurred or something similar with Dropbox.

I have tried 2x different pc's all with the same result. NOTHING.

Help appreciated.

Highlighted
Solution
Dropboxer

The issue that prevented Camera Uploads from working on version 31 and later of the desktop client running on Windows has been fixed.

As mentioned, the fix should be automatically installed on affected computers, but it’s also available here. A restart of Dropbox may be necessary after the update takes place. Once the restart is complete, your camera uploads will resume and any pictures not synced will upload.

Apologies for any inconvenience this issue may have caused.
Positive vibe!
Level 3

Edited reply: this build did not work for me until an uninstall and a SlimCleaner cleanup followed by a restart and then completely new install. Then it worked. Thanks!

Level 2

Just a quick update - performed the new update on 1x pc - downloaded and installed 32.4.23 and reconfigured auto start and preferences in DropBox app - All starting working again.

On the other 2nd pc, the client was automatically updated from 32.4.21 to 32.4.23 and again the test of what was previous working prior to "bug" is now operational again.

The 32.4.23 update as per LUCIO (Dropboxer) above has done the trick - Thanks.
Level 2

Thank you so much for the solution !  I was so happy when I found this post - I had wasted hours trying to "Google" why my phone had stopped uploading my photos to DB.  Found this.  Left it until today, restarted my computer and it's all working as good as gold again.  I have now registerd on the community.  Regards

Level 3

Re: Automatic camera upload stopped working

Thanks @JaneA, but I only use the desktop app. Fortunately, the automatic upload is working again now. I see that the desktop app has updated to version 32.4.23 in the meantime. I also received a bunch of Windows updates this week, but I don't know if that contributed to the solution in any way.

Kind regards, sjki61