cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera upload from different phones into different folders

Camera upload from different phones into different folders

Bjarne S.
New member | Level 1

Hello,
I have created a new folder "Camera upload Karla" where I want my wifes iPhone to automatically upload photos to.
This seems not to be so easy, as Dropbox on a phone will only upload to "Camera Upload" folder. Is this correct?
How can I make her iPhone upload automatically to the new folder?
Thank you

62 Replies 62

City L.
New member | Level 1

I have pictures in different devices and I need to keep them separate. I am using camera upload to get the pictures on dropbox, but it's a mess if the pictures from all the devices go into the same folder. I want to tell each device which folder within my dropbox account it should upload to. Is that possible? and how?

Thanks

Rich
Super User II

If using the Camera Upload feature all devices will upload to the Camera Uploads folder; this cannot be changed. If you want them to upload to a different folder you'd have to upload the files manually in the Dropbox client on the device.

Mark
Super User II

No it isnt City, sorry.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Claire G.10
New member | Level 1

Hi Bjarn,

Thanks for your feedback.
Currently, this is not possible. All photos uploaded via a Dropbox account go to the same "Camera Upload" folder.

A workaround would be to open an account in her name so that she has her own Camera Upload folder.

I've passed over your request to our teams, thanks for taking the time to give it and stay tuned for the updates!

J.J. C.
New member | Level 2

I was hoping there was a way to do this also... it would be a nice feature to add!

nick e.10
New member | Level 1

Yes. I have 2 phones and a tablet and I *really* need them to upload/sync photos etc. into their own folders in my dropbox account. Almost impossible to keep track of what I need trying to sort through a couple gigabytes of pics for the ones from a particular device. There must be a lot of people with similar needs.

Thomas S.29
New member | Level 1

I'm looking for the same thing. What happens if a new photo has the same filename? Will it overwrite an existing file?

Claire G.10
New member | Level 1

Hi Thomas!

If the picture sis different but has the exact same name, an appendix (1) will be added to the name so that we sync both of them 🙂

@Nick: thanks for this feedback! We value users input extremely so thanks for taking the time to give us this feedback 🙂

Michael B.75
New member | Level 1

I have the same issue, my iPad, my phone and my wife's phone all upload into the same folder. My iPad is for work, my phone and my wife's phone are primarily for personal and family stuff, it is a real pain to sort through it all. Since I am paying for the 1 TB service, I think allowing separate folders for camera uploads from different devices is a valuable and highly desired service you really should provide. Thank you.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Jason P.21 New member | Level 2
    Jeanne S.4 New member | Level 1
    Benjamin G.2 New member | Level 1
    Bernadette P. New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?