cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use Dropbox to stream videos with subtitle files?

Can I use Dropbox to stream videos with subtitle files?

Mother2
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello Recently i have changed mobile cloud service from my country cloud to dropbox.

I think this service is so great and now i stack my own data in this service.

by they way i found information this cloud serivce can use video streaming service and i tried video streaming service. video was clear and i was satisfied. but some video use subtitles and i stored both files in one folder(video and subtitle). As normal video service, How can i use Video and Subtitle in video streaming service?!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
You cant in that way I'm afraid,

The only way the subtitles would display is if the file itself already had them encoded in to it.

Also please remember you have limits on streaming depending upon your plan and how much will show as the website is designed as a preview only not a fully featured streaming service

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
You cant in that way I'm afraid,

The only way the subtitles would display is if the file itself already had them encoded in to it.

Also please remember you have limits on streaming depending upon your plan and how much will show as the website is designed as a preview only not a fully featured streaming service

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

lucifervulus
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Is there a way that we could stream from drop box through something like VLC?

lucianobestia
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

What are the streaming limits?

If I share my 5 minutes video from my holiday to 100 friends.

Is it too much for Dropbox?

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey!

The limitations refer to the previews of videos you share with others. To be more precise, if you share a video with someone else, they’ll be able to preview it on the website depending on the plan that the owner (in this case, you) is subscribed to.

So, if you’re on:
  • A Basic account, then users will be able to stream the first 15 minutes.
  • A Plus/Professional plan, users can see the first 60 minutes.
  • A Business subscription, users can stream the first 4 hours.
If you’re not sure which plan you’re currently subscribed to, you can check your Plan tab for details.

I hope this helped clarify matters! 

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropbox Staff
    lucianobestia Helpful | Level 6
    lucifervulus New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?